Author Topic: Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces -- Buffalo Chicken  (Read 6356 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
I have an Aldie 2 miles from my place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces -- Buffalo Chicken
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 09:47:18 PM »
Aldi rocks

And this comes from someone that normally prefers to spend a little extra for name brand stuff at most stores. I rarely find something at Aldi to be subpar.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »
I do >90% of my grocery shopping at Aldi, they are *so* much cheaper than anyplace else it's ridiculous.  I got a can of soup once that tasted nasty (wasn't spoiled, it just tasted like Liquid Smoke, and not in a good way)  And sometimes the produce isn't as nice or fresh as someplace else, so I just don't buy it.  Other than that everything has been excellent.

They seem to have discontinued one of my favorite products recently. :(  The sour cream and onion dip, which I used on baked potatoes, or mixed with cottage cheese as part of a faux lasagna filling.  (Mix the dip with cottage cheese and hot bowtie pasta.  Layer that with spaghetti sauce mixed with crumbled cooked hamburger meat or sausage.  Bake until done, sprinkling with a little grated mozzarella or provolone cheese for the last 5 minutes)
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 12:32:56 AM »
I have heard a lot about them, but no Aldi's in the Pacific NW unfortunately.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 06:02:31 AM »
Is Aldie still all cash, no bags?

The all cash thing is the biggest drawback, as I rarely carry cash on me anymore.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 06:05:10 AM »
Just got on Aldi's website...

They accept credit cards now, and they also have bags, although they charge for them. No biggie there.

Going to have to start shopping there. There's one in my Mom's town, and I've always liked their stuff. They have baking products under the name Baker's Corner or something like that. The milk chocolate chips are better than Ghiardelli.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
Aldi sells the reusable bags pretty cheap, or you can round out your experience by picking up some boxes as you head through the store. Just don't forget your quarter.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
When I worked for CH Robinson, Aldi had the strictest requirements for their fruits and veggies.   They'd reject a truckload and I could turn it around and Jewel, Dominick's, Safeway, or Kroger would take it without batting an eye.

However, I buy most of our fruits and veggies at Marino's.  Yes, more expensive, but larger and much nicer.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• friends
Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces -- Buffalo Chicken
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 11:41:31 AM »
I dunno what the heck happened then.

The produce at our Aldi is very hit or miss. The staples like onions and potatoes are normally fine. Anything else you need to give a very good once over and often dig a little to find a decent package. Sometimes it's fine. Other times not a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 01:25:08 PM »
I dunno what the heck happened then.

The produce at our Aldi is very hit or miss. The staples like onions and potatoes are normally fine. Anything else you need to give a very good once over and often dig a little to find a decent package. Sometimes it's fine. Other times not a chance.

That's been my experience of late, though only with certain produce.

Their limes have been perfect every time. Apples, similarly. I guess watermelon, too, but a sample size of one isn't really helpful.

Onions, garlic, potatoes, squash don't seem to keep as long as Kroger bought ones, though. (So, IF we get them at Aldi, we use them immediately.)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2016, 06:16:46 AM »
Got an e-mail response from Campbells...

"Thank you for contacting us about your experience with Campbell's Buffalo Chicken Slow Cooker sauce.  I'm truly sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We value you as a consumer, and strive to deliver products that will delight you every time you choose them.

At Campbell Soup Company, our number one priority is to delight our consumers.  By bringing your comments to our attention, you have helped support our high quality standards.

I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I hope you will accept the coupon I have mailed, which should arrive within 10 business days. The coupon can be redeemed for any product in the Campbell family of brands including V8, Prego, Pace and Pepperidge Farm.

We appreciate your interest in our company and products.  If you have additional questions, please contact our Consumer Response Center or visit Campbell's website.

Thank you for visiting the Campbell Soup Company website.

Campbell Soup Company Web Team"

Very nice of them, and I'm certainly willing to try other sauces in their line. As I said, I've had good experiences with their oven and skillet sauces, so based on the comments here I think I'll try the Tavern Pot Roast sauce or one of the sauces for pork roast.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »
See how many it's good for and just buy cream soups and get in touch with your inner casserole.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »
I normally make my own sauces for casseroles.

Not difficult.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 12:23:37 PM »
I'll give a +1 to the Tavern Pot Roast also.   

I have a few of their skillet and crockpot sauces.  They are great, but they aren't bad for those days that I know are going to be hectic, and I can just throw everything in the crockpot and have dinner ready when we get back.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 09:51:10 PM »
Tried salvaging the leftovers with cheese and spices.

Ended up tossing it down the disposal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »
I'll give a +1 to the Tavern Pot Roast also.   

I have a few of their skillet and crockpot sauces.  They are great, but they aren't bad for those days that I know are going to be hectic, and I can just throw everything in the crockpot and have dinner ready when we get back.

The other trick for the tavern pot roast is to grab a packet of brown gravy mix and use it when you need to thin out the sauce in the pot roast after a day or two.  Just keeps gaining flavor every time.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2016, 06:06:50 AM »
OK, I tried the Tavern Pot Roast last night. Bought a 3 pound bottom round roast. I got it into the cooker late, unfortunately, and it was ready far too near to my bedtime to go for the full bore potatoes, carrots, and the like.

The pot roast sauce is an absolute winner.

I forgot to buy a packet of brown gravy when I was at the store, but that's OK. I'll just whip together a quick gravy with the juice and some roux this evening and have the rest of it either as hot roast beef sammiches or over mashed potatoes.

The pot roast sauce is going to become a staple in my pantry.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2016, 07:35:29 AM »
I use butter, some of my home made Tabasco sauce, a little chopped garlic.   Easy, tasty, cheap.