Author Topic: FBI "warned" about influencing election  (Read 12658 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: FBI "warned" about influencing election
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 02:15:21 PM »
Na, luck would be a giant meteor. Or better yet, General Mattis declaring his run for Presidency and all other candidates wisely surrendering.

http://terminallance.com/2016/04/08/terminal-lance-election-season-2016/

See my BookFace page:

https://www.facebook.com/Scout26

The dying/dead republic longs for a Caesar to run the empire.

Actually, I want a Cincinnatus....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2016, 02:25:36 PM »

How about Richard I?  Thanks to cruise missiles, he won't have to leave long enough for his VP to revolt.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »
Hardly. Moreso looking for a candidate that is competent, has the appropriate amount of guts to handle modern politics, the proper mentality and still a decent human being. Not looking to elect a king, which is what most people seem to want from their Presidential candidate.

No sane person can look at Clinton or Trump and say either of these people are competent, reasonably intelligent and decent human beings. Three hundred million Americans and this is what we got? In fairness, I'm aware that dealing with the media during a long grueling campaign is what drives off any sane person. 19 months of campaigning is flat out insane, and advantageous to no one except the media.
I am not sure if guts is the right word or ego/extreme confidence.  I am not sure if any of the other primary candidates would have weathered the media storm of the last few months.  One more week.  

Honestly, I don't think Trump is the second coming or anything.  He is just a lot better than the alternative and doesn't seem to be invested in the Republican establishment.  Even if he is somewhat liberal, that is an improvement perhaps even over the Bush terms.  I hope we get a chance to find out.

On another post, IMO what screwed W. Bush was continually trying to compromise with Democrats who hated his guts.  I guess he Dad had the same failing.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
Maybe they didn't want to wake up (or not) next to Vince Foster?
Again, can we stop being ridiculous?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

I took his comment as a joke, since it didn't actually answer my question.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2016, 03:13:27 PM »
Hardly. Moreso looking for a candidate that is competent, has the appropriate amount of guts to handle modern politics, the proper mentality and still a decent human being. Not looking to elect a king, which is what most people seem to want from their Presidential candidate.

No sane person can look at Clinton or Trump and say either of these people are competent, reasonably intelligent and decent human beings. Three hundred million Americans and this is what we got? In fairness, I'm aware that dealing with the media during a long grueling campaign is what drives off any sane person. 19 months of campaigning is flat out insane, and advantageous to no one except the media.

I am afraid we will, instead, get the leadership we deserve.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

agricola

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »

We have one over here at the moment, though I am not sure how much you would like him.

I mean of course the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn who, at the height of the last attempted coup, with almost his entire Shadow Cabinet (all progressive types of the kind you will be familiar with) resigning in an attempt to get him to quit, his Parliamentary party in open revolt and the media in uproar, went to his Allotment Association's AGM instead.  He won the subsequent leadership election, by a bigger majority than previously, and that was despite the progressives taking the vote off 100,000 party members. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »
Well, it appears DOJ is going to step in and provide all resources necessary to ensure the 650,000 emails are reviewed before the election. Nevermind that previously there was no way for them to review 30,000 in less than two years.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/10/31/what-could-possibly-go-wrong-to-hasten-email-review-in-clinton-case-its-doj-to-the-rescue/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
Well, it appears DOJ is going to step in and provide all resources necessary to ensure the 650,000 emails are reviewed before the election. Nevermind that previously there was no way for them to review 30,000 in less than two years.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/10/31/what-could-possibly-go-wrong-to-hasten-email-review-in-clinton-case-its-doj-to-the-rescue/

Ben, I think by "review" they mean "delete".

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2016, 07:43:48 PM »

Automated keyword search, human eyes on the tagged ones.

I have a feeling the AG is doing this to save her hide from the tarmac meeting with Bill.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »

What's ridiculous? In the past three weeks, two people (one reputed to be the source of the Wikileaks and the one yesterday a witness against Hillary) have died. You call that ridiculous? Do you really think it's just an unfortunate coincidence?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2016, 08:31:53 PM »

Well, in the first place the Dems would put up anyone who toes the party line of far left statism.  Competence and decency wouldn't enter into it.  As for the R's, if they put up anyone of the ilk you mentioned, he'd be demonized much the Romney was.  If he was a decent, competent person, the Dems would just lie and the MSM would compound it.  Sad, but true.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2016, 08:41:10 PM »
Well, in the first place the Dems would put up anyone who toes the party line of far left statism.  Competence and decency wouldn't enter into it.  As for the R's, if they put up anyone of the ilk you mentioned, he'd be demonized much the Romney was.  If he was a decent, competent person, the Dems would just lie and the MSM would compound it.  Sad, but true.

That, and what sane, rational person would really want the job?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams