Author Topic: Wish the MSM was at least competent in being biased  (Read 1474 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Wish the MSM was at least competent in being biased
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/cnn-drops-donna-brazile-as-pundit-over-wikileaks-revelations/2016/10/31/2f1c6abc-9f92-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html

WikiLeaks emails showed that Brazile had tipped Podesta with debate questions, who provided them to Clinton. And did not publicly disclose so.

I'm not surprised. But still, damn. Really? Not even say, dropping it off anonymous envelope? Or thumb drives?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Wish the MSM was at least competent in being biased
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
This is part of the current voter revolt.

These people act like and believe that they are the elites, the betters of the lowly plebeians that make up the rest of the country, while all evidence indicates that they are incompetents.

They are even incompetent in their corruption!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »
The networks had said they expected to resume their relationship with Brazile after the election.

That is the absolute proof of why no one trusts or even likes the media anymore.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
I think the biggest loser this election will be the MSM.

They have way overplayed their hand being in the tank for Clinton, to the point that even liberal voters are raising their eyebrows. It's kind of sad to think that pre-alternative news and bloggers, we would not even know about stuff like this. Kind of sad to think how often it was likely gotten away with (across the political spectrum) pre-internet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
I think the biggest loser this election will be the MSM.

They have way overplayed their hand being in the tank for Clinton, to the point that even liberal voters are raising their eyebrows. It's kind of sad to think that pre-alternative news and bloggers, we would not even know about stuff like this. Kind of sad to think how often it was likely gotten away with (across the political spectrum) pre-internet.
I think the market has pushed it a little.  Pre-internet investigative reporting actually got news organizations ratings and advertising because people tuned in to watch and actually read newspapers.  Now, the news always breaks first on the internet or radio shows and people go there to learn about it.  No one cares about the news shows on TV/cable.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
Yeah, and I have to laugh when people challenge a juicy internet item or radio show "bit" by asking, "Do you have a reliable mainstream source for that?"

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »
We might not have been right but we were first to report it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/cnn-drops-donna-brazile-as-pundit-over-wikileaks-revelations/2016/10/31/2f1c6abc-9f92-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html

WikiLeaks emails showed that Brazile had tipped Podesta with debate questions, who provided them to Clinton. And did not publicly disclose so.

I'm not surprised. But still, damn. Really? Not even say, dropping it off anonymous envelope? Or thumb drives?
I believe Drudge or one of the sites did have a report before one of the debates saying an intern from the news network doing the debate hand carried a package and put it in the hands of one of Hillary's top campaign people.  No one knew what the package was, but the intern declined to hand the package off to receptionists up front according to the report. 

The sad thing is Hillary had all the debate questions ahead of time and still couldn't win the debate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »
The networks had said they expected to resume their relationship with Brazile after the election.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 11:32:23 PM »
I've seen a video on someone shared on Facebook, I think, of one of her people, don't remember his position, feeding reporters questions during an interview. One he typed it up on his phone then showed it to a reporter, and another you see him texting and then motion to someone to check their phone.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »
I've seen a video on someone shared on Facebook, I think, of one of her people, don't remember his position, feeding reporters questions during an interview. One he typed it up on his phone then showed it to a reporter, and another you see him texting and then motion to someone to check their phone.

That incident took place in the campaign aircraft, IIRC. It made it beyond book of faces, because I saw it and I don't have/do book of faces. So it probably made Drudge and, since he's only a collector of links, that means it was reported ... somewhere.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?