Author Topic: How to stop violent reoffenders: give them drugs  (Read 2866 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: How to stop violent reoffenders: give them drugs
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
Actually those are all RAW numbers of murders, which I believe is a pretty good indication of the volume of violent crime. (Harder to hide those numbers, too.)

And I provided exactly the same numbers for the US. The U.S. is a good deal larger, but they all have a significantly lower rate of crime than the U.S. As such, I don't find it surprising they hand out fewer and shorter sentences than the U.S. does.

You, of course, are going to claim that their lower and fewer sentences CAUSES the lower rate of crime...
Their prisons are not fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Re: How to stop violent reoffenders: give them drugs
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 05:45:12 PM »
only drug they need to be given is whatever cocktail is being used now to put 'em down.  The term 'violent re offender' is, well offensive.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: How to stop violent reoffenders: give them drugs
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
only drug they need to be given is whatever cocktail is being used now to put 'em down.  The term 'violent re offender' is, well offensive.

Uh, you do realize that the article covers newly released first offenders as well, right?

The study is showing that giving them drugs to treat mental illness that we give to plenty of other people tends to prevent first time offenders from becoming repeat offenders.

Especially if it helps them become productive members of society,  I think it's a good idea.  I don't think we're talking about murderers here, but people who have committed lesser violent acts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:52:57 PM by Firethorn »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »
"Patient rights" makes it hard to get some folks medicated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I