Author Topic: Violence if Trump wins?  (Read 15882 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Violence if Trump wins?
« on: November 03, 2016, 07:58:37 PM »
I've been stewing in my head that it may get ugly with a Trump victory. Left sure likes a violent protest.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Violence if Trump wins?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
I've been stewing in my head that it may get ugly with a Trump victory. Left sure likes a violent protest.
I wish I could say you were wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Violence if Trump wins?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 08:44:10 PM »
It certainly may "get ugly" in certain neighborhoods. Having seen nothing in my diverse neighborhood, while Ferguson/St Louis unrest was happening mere miles from my door, the only thing that worries me is the possibility of freeway blockage.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of a Clinton win, and the accompanying gun/ammo shortages. And everything else.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »
Yes.  Expect hate crimes against whites at a much higher ratio than the other way around.  Expect looting and protesting.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »
I expect violence no matter who wins. This election has caused so much anger and frustration that some people will vent just to vent.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »
I expect violence no matter who wins. This election has caused so much anger and frustration that some people will vent just to vent.

And other people who couldn't care less about the election will still use it as an excuse for hooliganism.
"It's good, though..."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 10:08:26 PM »
If Trump wins the typical areas will riot.
If hillary wins nothing will happen because all the republicans will be working the next day.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 10:13:13 PM »
Not so sure.

Just to play devil's advocate here, Louis Farrakhan's comments about Clinton being "The Black Community's Hitler" and the possibility there's a 15%+ hidden vote for Trump among blacks who appreciate the honeybadger attitude, combined with it being almost winter in the northern states at least... it might diffuse it.
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
Not so sure.

Just to play devil's advocate here, Louis Farrakhan's comments about Clinton being "The Black Community's Hitler" and the possibility there's a 15%+ hidden vote for Trump among blacks who appreciate the honeybadger attitude, combined with it being almost winter in the northern states at least... it might diffuse it.

I think it will mostly be white folks causing the violence.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 10:27:09 PM »
And other people who couldn't care less about the election will still use it as an excuse for hooliganism.

Look at the crap that goes on when "Local Pro team" wins the season appropriate championship.
Not saying it could happen either way but a victory for the evil one could see celebratory "riots" while a victory for the "lesser evil" could see protest riots.
That being said generally the supporters of the "lesser evil" have to go to work the next day.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 11:24:06 PM »
I'm not sure that a Trump win would cause much black violence at all. Maybe some BLM protests. I would expect the greatest amount of "minority" protests leading to violence would be from the hispanic community. At least in places like urban parts of CA, where there's a lot of activism from them.

Otherwise maybe some of the usual anarchists with their moltovs in Seattle, etc. I'm thinking most protests would be from the safe space college crowd. Likely non-violent, but numerous.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 11:39:35 PM »
Considering all the negative news about the Clintons lately I doubt we will see anything unless it is staged.  Maybe later if Trump actually follows through with cleaning up the illegal alien problem.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 01:12:23 AM »
I'm just glad I'm not working Nov 8 or the few days after....

Just in case.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 08:09:01 AM »
This seems like an appropriate place to quote the infamous hacker 4chin, who has repeatedly been overheard typing
Quit busting my balls already and get this race war started
7-11 was a part time job.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 08:46:45 AM »
I think that there is a greater chance of violence if Hillary wins. Hillary is violence, not just street/protest violence but institutional/international violence.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »
Saw last night that Miley Cyrus is now threatening to leave the country if Trump wins.

I now have a candiate! :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »
There will be no violence, unless they send out the BLM agitators and they do something stupid. It would be isolated if that happens not widespread imho.

There will be no race war. I'm not sure there very many blacks that are interested in a race war and neither are very many whites.

Most people if they are housed and fed aren't very dangerous.

There is an incredibly low amount of social trust between whites and blacks due to the non-stop agitprop propaganda coming out of the mass media. But in my day to day experience we (black and white) treat each other like it must be other blacks (or whites)
that are the ones causing problems. I've yet to have a black coworker, friend, acquaintance, neighbor or customer act weird or go into a BLM diatribe.

I realize I live in the suburbs outside of Chicago, not in Chicago. Yet, I'm reasonably confident that only a minority of the inner city blacks could be riled up for a BLM protest and that only a smattering out of them would be willing to take up arms against society.

The folks in the suburbs are heavily armed. Our police depts are heavily armed. All the blustering talk about race wars always has whites in a defensive position against roving and marauding inner city blacks. I just don't see that happening.  

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
Saw last night that Miley Cyrus is now threatening to leave the country if Trump wins.

I now have a candiate! :rofl:

Don't forget Lena Dunham is also leaving. Makes me feel sorry for Canada.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
I realize I live in the suburbs outside of Chicago, not in Chicago. Yet, I'm reasonably confident that only a minority of the inner city blacks could be riled up for a BLM protest and that only a smattering out of them would be willing to take up arms against society.

Really my theory is that the media makes it sound like black people hate Trump when they don't. I'm not sure that they care that much either way, and in many cases are pro Trump, or else anti-Clinton. Even Farrakhan has been dissing Clinton. Again, my position is that non-violent protest at least, will be predominated by sissy white people and hispanics.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »
I would expect the greatest amount of "minority" protests leading to violence would be from the hispanic community. At least in places like urban parts of CA, where there's a lot of activism from them.

Don't forget the college students. Most of them (at least the publicly vocal ones) seem to be virulently anti-Trump. I wouldn't be surprised to see numerous campus protests in the event of a Trump victory.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 10:18:59 AM »

And George Stephanopoulis (sp?) is moving to Australia if Trump wins. (According to his wife.)

As if we needed another reason to vote Trump.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »
Canada and Australia are going to hate us.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »

What's a Lena Dunham?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »
Don't forget the college students. Most of them (at least the publicly vocal ones) seem to be virulently anti-Trump. I wouldn't be surprised to see numerous campus protests in the event of a Trump victory.

See the sentence just below the one you quoted.  =D

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 10:40:14 AM »

Why in the world does anyone pay a bit of attention to that woman or what she says?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.