Author Topic: The mice are attacking!  (Read 2925 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The mice are attacking!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 02:28:22 PM »
When I have used them, the mouse's entire body is clamped down on the glue.  I have seen at least twice a glue trap holding two mice.  It looked like the second mouse climbed over the first and got stuck on the other side of the trap.  We were in an old office trailer and couldn't keep them out.  We put glue traps behind and between desks to catch them running along the wall.  We caught quite a few over the years.  However, you have to regularly check the traps as they will just die and rot away if you don't hear them squeaking.

At the shop we used glue straps with some success. The rat sized ones will usually nail at least two before they start using their fallen as stepping stones.
I don't like the mouse sized ones. I caught more than a few scurrying about, propelled by a mouse with only one foot caught.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »
When I have used them, the mouse's entire body is clamped down on the glue.  I have seen at least twice a glue trap holding two mice.  It looked like the second mouse climbed over the first and got stuck on the other side of the trap.  We were in an old office trailer and couldn't keep them out.  We put glue traps behind and between desks to catch them running along the wall.  We caught quite a few over the years.  However, you have to regularly check the traps as they will just die and rot away if you don't hear them squeaking.

I have seen glue traps with no less than a dozen mice on it  Looked like a couple families.  And yes, climbed over their fellows and got stuck.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
When we lived in South Africa, we had a minor problem with mice. We could hear them scurrying around in the ceiling after we went to bed. My enterprising father put a trap in the ceiling next to the attic door.

Well we woke up one night from a dead sleep around 0100 to such a racket I thought The Spear of the Nation was coming through the roof. An significant about of clomping and whoming sounds. Come to find out it was just a good sized field mouse experiencing his death throes. I think we used peanut butter as the bait.

I also support the notion of outdoor cats. Not being a cat person myself I think all cats should work for a living.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.