Author Topic: Place your bets: final vote percentage for President Trump  (Read 5020 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Place your bets: final vote percentage for President Trump
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:00:29 AM »
What do you think? Landslide or a narrow margin of victory?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Place your bets: final vote percentage for President Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
HRC 52% to Trump 45%.  Four to six points of HRC's count will be fraudulent.
The remaining points go to the also rans.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »
In order for Hillary to get over 50%, there would have to be multiple precincts all over the country reporting well over 100% voting for her. 

Also, I think some are overestimating how much new voter fraud there will be this election.  I agree there is some or maybe a lot, but I think most of it has been there for some time. 

We will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
Also, I think some are overestimating how much new voter fraud there will be this election.  I agree there is some or maybe a lot, but I think most of it has been there for some time. 

We will see. 

I have a CA bias, but I expect a lot more voter fraud here via the illegal alien vote (and Obama on record endorsing it). Not that it will make any difference given the deep blue of the state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 10:28:59 AM »
My prediction is Trump wins the states he was supposed to win and takes enough blue states to win the electoral college majority.  From what I heard, Clinton was campaigning in blue states all day yesterday.  IMO, that isn't what candidates do that think they are ahead.  Rush commented that if she thought she was going to win, she wouldn't have even been out in public.  It would have been others.

I certainly could be wrong, but that is just what I am thinking now.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
I have a CA bias, but I expect a lot more voter fraud here via the illegal alien vote (and Obama on record endorsing it). Not that it will make any difference given the deep blue of the state.
Obama got 52.5% of the vote in one of his elections.  He didn't break 52% in the other.  I can't see Hillary getting as much as he did. 

However, if there is heavy illegal alien voting in a state like California that was assumed blue already, I can see her percentage go up without it really helping her win.  I guess it depends on how widespread it all is. 

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 10:40:15 AM »
Obama got 52.5% of the vote in one of his elections.  He didn't break 52% in the other.  I can't see Hillary getting as much as he did. 

However, if there is heavy illegal alien voting in a state like California that was assumed blue already, I can see her percentage go up without it really helping her win.  I guess it depends on how widespread it all is. 

One of the features of the EC, is that all of the potential cheating and illegal voting in california will make no difference in the outcome of the election. ;)

I think trump is going to win Yuuuge.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:19 AM »
For the fraud to have any effect, it would have to occur in a state that Hillary doesn't already have locked up, and on a scale that would tip the balance. That's obvious. If it happens on that kind of scale in, say, Florida or North Carolina, it shouldn't be too hard to spot. It won't be prosecuted and the votes won't be thrown out, though. Hillary has the DOJ to back her up.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
I think HRC will win the popular and Trump will win the electoral.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:59:45 AM »
One of the features of the EC, is that all of the potential cheating and illegal voting in california will make no difference in the outcome of the election. ;)

I agree in that voter fraud is much more problematic at the state and local level. Even when it's not true voter fraud. College kids, for example. How many of them change their residency just to vote on state and local issues where they go to school, then a few years later blow out of town and never see the unintended (or intended) consequences of their actions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
I think HRC will win the popular and Trump will win the electoral.

I predict no one will win the popular vote. The electoral is too close to call for me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zahc

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
When I voted in NC this morning, the ballot scantron counter was "broken". I put my ballot in a slot-box after being assured that all the ballots would be run through the scantron once it was fixed. The "make NC blue" crowd were in force handing out "sample ballots" with Democrat-approved choices already marked to the people in line.

[tinfoil]
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 11:28:18 AM »
When I voted in NC this morning, the ballot scantron counter was "broken". I put my ballot in a slot-box after being assured that all the ballots would be run through the scantron once it was fixed. The "make NC blue" crowd were in force handing out "sample ballots" with Democrat-approved choices already marked to the people in line.

[tinfoil]

That would be illegal here.  Not that anyone would do anything about it.
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »

[tinfoil]

That would be illegal here.  Not that anyone would do anything about it.

Believe it would be illegal in most places depending on how close they were while doing so.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 12:27:31 PM »
My prediction is Trump wins the states he was supposed to win and takes enough blue states to win the electoral college majority.  From what I heard, Clinton was campaigning in blue states all day yesterday.  IMO, that isn't what candidates do that think they are ahead.  Rush commented that if she thought she was going to win, she wouldn't have even been out in public.  It would have been others.

I certainly could be wrong, but that is just what I am thinking now.
As another possible indicator . . . a couple of days ago, HRC's campaign was planning a 2 minute fireworks show in NYC to celebrate her anticipated victory - they'd already applied for permits.

The campaign quietly dropped plans for it yesterday without explanation.

I suspect the campaign's internal polling numbers are different from what's been reported by the public polls.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 01:02:18 PM »
I've also been seeing a lot of anecdotal news stories about voter fraud being caught in the early voting, police involvement, outright sting operations in Pennsylvania. And I also think that Hillary just isn't motivating enough for the vote fraud to be expanded or worked harder.  So I'm guessing it'll happen where Democrat-leaning vote fraud has been institutionalized long enough to be almost automatic. Which might be in blue counties/states anyway and is already "built in" to the numbers year to year. New or "extra" vote fraud, I could see it for Obama where people were motivated, and felt somehow justified for social reasons. But I don't see people being nearly as willing to stick their neck out for corrupt, unlikable, warmongering Hillary.

That and other states like WI have finally gotten voter ID through all it's court challenges.  =)

There's also a ton of other polling that doesn't jibe with the national numbers. Like well over 50% of Latinos approving of deportation of illegals, and reducing imigration.

Or various state level or Senate/House races that are swinging Republican, but somehow Trump isn't? I sincerely doubt the #nevertrump vote is enough to account for the difference. More like the "hidden vote" might be real. And with groups like blacks, hispanics, unions etc. there's even more reason or pressure to keep it hidden than just average white middle-class voters have. With both the DNC and much of the GOP hating on him, I think he looks like a third-party candidate to many, but still GOP enough for the majority of reliable Republican voters. So whatever crossover there is, he's going to get the lion's share of it. Like 95% of it.

And I see most of the reports of record turnout in early voting, favoring Trump in states like FL and NC, or even where he was behind in the early/absentee votes, it was cases like NC where his deficit was less than Romney's in 2012, and NC was a state Romney carried.

I'll say 50% Trump 46% Clinton 3% for Johnson, 1% for Stein,  and Trump takes the EC with 307 votes.  
I promise not to duck.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
Voted at my local precinct (a Methodist church) around noon and the Democrats were electioneering inside the line there, too.  Was asked if I wanted a sample ballot and responded with a curt "No, thank you."  The line was only about 15 feet from the front door.  I thought the requirement was 100 feet back.  Must be a mostly Democrat precinct.
There were only two other voters already in the room when I arrived.  I was the only one in line, and was in and out in a couple of minutes.  Was only asked to verify place of residence, but not asked for ID in line with the recent court ruling.
The Democrat electioneers were gone when I came out.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »
. . . New or "extra" vote fraud, I could see it for Obama where people were motivated, and felt somehow justified for social reasons. But I don't see people being nearly as willing to stick their neck out for corrupt, unlikable, warmongering Hillary. . .
Wasn't there a case in the Obama election of Black Panthers standing around outside a polling place carrying clubs?

Minor story . . . after all, it's not as if the Black Panthers were racists like Klansmen or something . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zahc

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:49 PM »
My wife voted at the same place I did about 2 hours later. The scantron machine was fixed by then. Or I mean, they profiled her and decided to count her ballot.

[tinfoil]
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »
Was only asked to verify place of residence, but not asked for ID checked for a pulse in line with the recent court ruling.

FIFY

Pb

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »
Hillary will win by a couple of points.  It won't be close.

Grebnaws

• friend
Re:
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
My uneducated guess is Hillary 46% and Trump 42% of the popular vote. My polling place proudly displayed signs for all local and national candidates except Trump. I thought about taking a pic and sending it to the local rag as an example of bias but it's very likely a free agent removed the sign and the polling place had nothing to do with it.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
My uneducated guess is Hillary 46% and Trump 42% of the popular vote. My polling place proudly displayed signs for all local and national candidates except Trump. I thought about taking a pic and sending it to the local rag as an example of bias but it's very likely a free agent removed the sign and the polling place had nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »

Should have taken the pic. We've played nice for too long.

I agree with your assessment of the vote totals Hillary 46% and Trump 42%.

Hillary by hook or by crook will be our President.

My sample is skewed by where I live and work.  The R's in DuPage County are increasingly RINO's. Not very conservative, small government or pro traditional America. They are social liberals, good government (instead of small) and progressive about pretty much everything including flooding the country with so many third worlders and foreign workers who have no cultural understanding of traditional America that assimilation will never happen.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 04:03:28 PM »
I really don't know how to call this one. I have a feeling there are more Trump supporters than publically acknowledged. Many people shy away from confrontation and controversy so when asked if they support Trump they may just say no or nothing. Just a thought I have had.

I have noticed my friends that are rabid HRC fans have toned it down a bit in the last week and today it isn't when she wins but rather "if".

Strange things afoot in the country today.

bob