Author Topic: I'm floored......  (Read 26520 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: I'm floored......
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 06:28:23 AM »
Local news here in Ohio featuring Democrats complaining that the people in Cleveland did not come out in the numbers they expected,  so they couldn't overcome the "uneducated white male vote" in the rural areas.  Should be an interesting day around the Courthouse.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 06:53:31 AM »
Absolutely gobsmacked that Pennsylvania went Republican. First time since the 1980s.

Hillary not addressing her supporters is chickenshit.

I NEVER thought this would happen.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 06:53:55 AM »
Anyone check out Democratic Underground?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re:
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
Anyone check out Democratic Underground?

Yeah, nobody else can either =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:27 AM »
Absolutely gobsmacked that Pennsylvania went Republican. First time since the 1980s.

I NEVER thought this would happen.

Probably was making her way to the airport  =D
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:12 AM »
Saw as of now Hillary is leading in the popular vote, 59,164,943 vs 59,029,272.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
Looking at Fox this morning at 0600, Trump is ahead by less than 100k votes in the popular vote.
This may be another occasion where the Electoral College and the popular vote is way out of sync.
In any event, I am happily planning my dinner menu, of which the main course will be heaping platters of crow marinated in gobsmack.

On Google, they have him behind by just over 100K in the popular vote.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
My dad has voted Constitution Party since 2004, but he got on the Trump train a while ago, even putting a Trump yard sign in the back glass of his Buick. I should have known, if Trump could bring people like him back into the fold, he could win.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Calumus

• friend
Re:
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2016, 09:06:35 AM »
Probably was making her way to the airport  =D

I'm guessing Argentina...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2016, 09:19:05 AM »
It's funny, because I think a lot of people are in my boat in that Trump is not "my candidate", but I'm gloating.

I've never gloated after an election. Even when I was in a fed.gov office in 2000 where only three of us were conservatives. I felt it better to work with people than throw it in their faces. But you know what? All through the Bush years I heard the "not my President" crap from those same people. All through the Obama years, they played the "we won, you lost, suck it!" game.

I think a lot of people experienced that, and a lot of people got sick of it. So even if Trump isn't our candidate, he's the vehicle of us saying "STFU!!!"

So I'm gloating. I'm gloating about Democratic Underground being offline and it being a "Trump plot". I'm gloating about the Canadian Immigration site being overwhelmed to the point of breaking. I'm gloating that all the MSM outlets that attempted to influence the election because they "knew better" than me are in a spiral. I'm especially gloating because of the reactions of all the "celebrities" who thought they were speaking for "the majority of Americans".

And now the "not my President" stuff is starting all over again. All the people who would have, if Clinton won, told all of us Neanderthals to STFU because we lost and they won, that it's not our world anymore, are now doing exactly what they tell us we're not allowed to do. Something you don't generally see when the roles are reversed. So they all can STFU - I'm gloating.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »
It's funny, because I think a lot of people are in my boat in that Trump is not "my candidate", but I'm gloating.

Gloat, nothin'. I'm incredibly relieved that someone like Hillary Clinton could not, after all, win election in the current United States of America. As my dad put it, God's given us a reprieve. There may be hope for this country, after all.

I am, however, thinking about going down that queer lives matter coffeeshop in St. Louis, just to enjoy all the sad.  :laugh:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
Didn't the Clinton camp attack Trump for saying he wouldn't rule out contesting the results?

Rather forcefully, IIRC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
Re:
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »

Not really. They were all drunk by 9pm and for all I know, she was too.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 09:26:49 AM »
It isn't that this country isn't ready for a woman president either.  Just give us one that is worthy of being president.  We need an American Margaret Thatcher or hell Madeleine Albright.  Actually a shame that she couldn't have been POTUS if the need had came up.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 09:29:56 AM »

Gloat, nothin'. I'm incredibly relieved that someone like Hillary Clinton could not, after all, win buy and cheat her way to an election in the current United States of America.

Fixed it for you.

As my dad put it, God's given us a reprieve. There may be hope for this country, after all.

My sentiments [almost] exactly. As the voting started, I found myself wishing on a star and telling myself that, if people get the government they deserve, the United States couldn't possibly be so far gone that we actually deserve someone like HRC.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2016, 09:35:49 AM »
... Oh, I just had a delicious thought...

What are the Clinton's going to do now when all the companies and countries that paid her for favorable treatment come back looking for a return on their investment?

I know, they are probably going to just write it off as a loss, but I can dream, right?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2016, 09:36:14 AM »
Google says Trump has 276. Networks aren't saying.

WAPO echoes 276.

09:35 a.m. NYT is still saying Trump 305, HRC 233. Same thing they were predicting when I went to bed last night.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
Local news here in Ohio featuring Democrats complaining that the people in Cleveland did not come out in the numbers they expected,  so they couldn't overcome the "uneducated white male vote" in the rural areas.  Should be an interesting day around the Courthouse.

Read between the lines. Translation: "WE didn't get enough dead people and illegals to vote as we needed."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2016, 09:39:54 AM »
Read between the lines. Translation: "WE didn't get enough dead people and illegals to vote as we needed."

Although that is also the case, the problem is that Obama brought out a FAR higher percentage of the black vote than any other candidate will likely ever be able to do.

Without that record turnout, the polls were off (because they used 2012 as a baseline). The Democrats thought that they just had the black vote locked up like Obama did forever.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
Although that is also the case, the problem is that Obama brought out a FAR higher percentage of the black vote than any other candidate will likely ever be able to do.

Without that record turnout, the polls were off (because they used 2012 as a baseline). The Democrats thought that they just had the black vote locked up like Obama did forever.

And, at least here in Ohio, the Dems all but ignored the rural areas, thinking that carrying the big cities would mean enough votes to secure the electoral votes.  Got that one wrong.  Hubris precedes the fall...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2016, 09:49:12 AM »
The Democrats thought that they just had the black vote locked up like Obama did forever.

I recall predicting that the Democratic Party would stick with the brown guy formula, having been so successful (electorally) with Obama. It looks like I was smarter than they were.

The Dem's can only blame themselves. They phoned this thing in, picking a candidate because it was her turn, and figuring people would vote for her because girl. Sorry, but women are not a monolithic voting bloc, as black Americans disgracefully choose to be. And identity politics is apparently not strong enough to overcome negatives as high as Clinton's.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2016, 09:59:10 AM »

I recall predicting that the Democratic Party would stick with the brown guy formula, having been so successful (electorally) with Obama. It looks like I was smarter than they were.

The Dem's can only blame themselves. They phoned this thing in, picking a candidate because it was her turn, and figuring people would vote for her because girl. Sorry, but women are not a monolithic voting bloc, as black Americans disgracefully choose to be. And identity politics is apparently not strong enough to overcome negatives as high as Clinton's.

Oh, I'm hearing cries of "sexist America" echoing through the hallways.  I want to scream back that this wasn't an anti-woman vote, it was an anti-Hillary vote, and there is a significant and very important difference.  Hillary didn't lose because she's a woman.  She lost because she's Hillary, with all of the baggage that comes with it.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
Fascinating (to me) is that I just saw that Trump took over 80% of the evangelical vote. Despite all the stuff that came out about his essentially unchristian and immoral past behavior, they still thought, overwhelmingly, that he would be better than Clinton.

I think that's more of a statement about Clinton than Trump. This is really reinforcing my theory that Trump is basically a "widget" representing absolute dissatisfaction with status quo.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2016, 10:23:15 AM »
Fascinating (to me) is that I just saw that Trump took over 80% of the evangelical vote. Despite all the stuff that came out about his essentially unchristian and immoral past behavior, they still thought, overwhelmingly, that he would be better than Clinton.

I think that's more of a statement about Clinton than Trump. This is really reinforcing my theory that Trump is basically a "widget" representing absolute dissatisfaction with status quo.
I think a lot of that is the confidence those folks have in Pence. I think Pence brought votes to Trump. I don't think Kaine brought votes to Hillary.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »

This is where I thought Trump used a brilliant strategy. The dems figured they had the black and hispanic vote locked, and that those groups are monolithic voters. His, "What have you got to lose?" strategy worked.