Author Topic: CA Prop 63  (Read 962 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
CA Prop 63
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »
Looks like residents have to get a permit to buy ammo, and pre-2000 high-cap mags are now illegal.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: CA Prop 63
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »
Let's hope Trump gets the Supreme Court in shape.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
Yes, this state is lost. If it wasn't for my elder care issues, I'd be long gone. As it is, I'll be a criminal come January.

I'd love to see a conservative SCOTUS intervention, and (though I understand people's problems with federal CCW) I'd love to see CA have to bend to federal carry laws if Trump does that. Frankly though,  I don't care that much anymore. This state is going exactly the opposite direction of the rest of the country, and the day after my dad passes, my bags will be packed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:48:15 AM »
I am sure there are plenty of people on here that will store your mags/guns if you so desire. I know I would. I wouldn't even use them, I have my own. ;)

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 10:59:47 AM »
I am sure there are plenty of people on here that will store your mags/guns if you so desire. I know I would. I wouldn't even use them, I have my own. ;)

bob

Appreciate that Bob - you could even use them!  :laugh:

I may end up asking somebody in the Western states that favor. Otherwise one of my alternatives is getting a smaller vacation place or cabin in an area I like to visit and maybe do "six months plus one day" thing for residency, and make my sister step up to help out whenever I'm out of town. Then when I make a full move, I can always keep the vacation place as a vacation place. I saw a lot of cool places along the Henry's Fork in ID this Summer.

Getting out of CA is about more than guns for me. This is one of the crappiest states in the country for living on retirement income. Not to mention all the hippie crap.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
A guy I work with has a buddy in California that stores some guns with a friend in Nevada.  I get the impression it is a common practice. 

Are there already businesses in Nevada that will store guns for people?  Sort of firearms safe deposit box?  Have a gun range and store on site. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:56 AM »
Otherwise one of my alternatives is getting a smaller vacation place or cabin in an area I like to visit and maybe do "six months plus one day" thing for residency, and make my sister step up to help out whenever I'm out of town. Then when I make a full move, I can always keep the vacation place as a vacation place.

Seeing how you already like ID, come north. I plan on retiring around the Athol, ID area. I've been called an Athol so many times in my life I figure I may as well live near there. ;)

bob