Author Topic: Trump's 2nd amendment to do list  (Read 1124 times)

ramis

• friend
  • Rawr!
Trump's 2nd amendment to do list
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:17:44 AM by ramis »
The limerick, peculiar to English,
Is a verse form that's hard to extinguish,
Once congress, in session,
Decreed it's suppression,
But people got around it by writing the last line without any rhyme or meter.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Trump's 2nd amendment to do list
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »
States like VT, AK, and KS need not issue notional permits for the purpose of interstate carry, as long as law enforcement is properly informed that drivers licenses from those states are prima facie evidence of lawful carry.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
States like VT, AK, and KS need not issue notional permits for the purpose of interstate carry, as long as law enforcement is properly informed that drivers licenses from those states are prima facie evidence of lawful carry.

That's a really good point. It would also make Bloomberg's head explode. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 10:52:19 AM »
Drain the swamp at ATF of anyone even remotely connected with Fast and Furious scheme.
One question I have had:  Who would be a good person to head the ATF and clean house?  Ted Nugent is a thought but I can't see him living in D.C.  It probably needs to be someone who knows how to navigate the federal regulatory roadblocks to get his stuff done (fire people and officially change ATF regulations). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
One question I have had:  Who would be a good person to head the ATF and clean house?  Ted Nugent is a thought but I can't see him living in D.C.  It probably needs to be someone who knows how to navigate the federal regulatory roadblocks to get his stuff done (fire people and officially change ATF regulations). 

Sheriff Clarke. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:58:46 AM »

Joe Arpaio is out of work
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 12:20:02 PM »

How is a driver's license evidence of lawful carry? Ex-felons who have finished their sentence have drivers' licenses, but they're still prohibited from even touching a firearm.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »

Joe Arpaio is out of work

Uh. I thought the idea was to reduce the authoritarian leanings of the ATF?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »
How is a driver's license evidence of lawful carry? Ex-felons who have finished their sentence have drivers' licenses, but they're still prohibited from even touching a firearm.

The burden is on the state to prove otherwise.  The individual under scrutiny can invoke their 5th Amendment protections to say "I'm done answering questions," having provided their name and identification.  If the cops have reasonable suspicion that another crime has occurred, they can detain that person long enough to run their name.  Same as any law enforcement interaction within states that already have permitless carry.  I don't see this system as a "free pass" for convicted felons to carry with impunity.  It's still illegal for them to do so, permit or no permit.

Let the prohibitive states rectify that with the debate over answering questions about convictions on job applications.  The cognitive dissonance would be epic.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!