Author Topic: Who Won the Popular Vote?  (Read 2920 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Who Won the Popular Vote?
« on: November 14, 2016, 10:22:25 AM »
https://70news.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/final-election-2016-numbers-trump-won-both-popular-62-9-m-62-7-m-and-electoral-college-vote-306-232-hey-change-org-scrap-your-loony-petition-now/

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/13/who-won-the-popular-vote/

I heard someone mention this morning on a radio show that Trump may win the popular vote.  That is what the first link claims.  I can't see any news links that confirm that.  Snopes gives some good reasons why that won't happen.  I was curious if any of you had heard anything similar?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Who Won the Popular Vote?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
My suspicion is we'll never really know. It will probably be accepted that Hillary eked out a majority by 1% or so.

Trump won so overwhelmingly over such a broad stretch of the country that the half dozen urban centers couldn't overcome the electoral trumpslide.

This is nothing more than the out of control vehicle almost careening off the cliff but amazingly managing to stay on the road. The vehicle is still out of control though.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
I would hope some sort of voter fraud action is on Trump's agenda.  Either in the courts or in Congress.  National voter ID law?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 11:13:43 AM »

National voter ID law?

I've never understood the basis for objections to voter ID. I understand why certain groups are opposed to having to prove their identity and their eligibility to vote, but I can't understand how/why any court would rule against voter ID. I'm 72 years old and I have ALWAYS had to show my driver's license when voting, all the way back to the very first time I voted back in the 1960s. It just isn't a big deal ... unless you're trying to vote when you're not supposed to be voting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »

I've never understood the basis for objections to voter ID. I understand why certain groups are opposed to having to prove their identity and their eligibility to vote, but I can't understand how/why any court would rule against voter ID. I'm 72 years old and I have ALWAYS had to show my driver's license when voting, all the way back to the very first time I voted back in the 1960s. It just isn't a big deal ... unless you're trying to vote when you're not supposed to be voting.

If you haven't seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs it is too funny.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 12:02:01 PM »
I've never understood the basis for objections to voter ID.

But they wouldn't accept my green card or my Kenyan passport.  :mad:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »
if things hold as they are, even with Michigan, Trump will be behind about half a million popular votes.  That's just the way it is.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 06:20:37 PM »

There are several stalwart bastions of journalistic excellence reporting that the illegal immigrant vote exceeds 3 million votes.
Here is one from everyone's most favorite "reliable source"

http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 06:32:18 PM »
There are several stalwart bastions of journalistic excellence reporting that the illegal immigrant vote exceeds 3 million votes.
Here is one from everyone's most favorite "reliable source"

http://www.infowars.com/report-three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/

Infowars aside, I'm willing to bet real money that a very conservative estimate of illegal aliens who voted would be ~500,000. A million would not be out of the question to me. Heck, CA alone could account for 500,000 out of a population of 2.7 million illegals in the state, especially given their "citizen status" here.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 08:34:57 PM »
I heard someone call in on a radio show that illegals could get a ballot in California and didn't even have to fill it out in the polling place but could bring it back in.  He mentioned seeing a white guy drag in two men who could barely speak English, get ballots, and walk out.  The guy was apparently bringing in people all day. 

Can anyone confirm the rules in California?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »
It turns out that the guy who was so jazzed about the popular vote - saying Clinton should go in and magically lawyer the Supreme Court into giving her the presidency - works for CNN. Watch to the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6izexFkN4

And for those of you playing for the first time, can you spot the one, big, glaring historical inaccuracy in his comments?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 09:11:04 PM »
It turns out that the guy who was so jazzed about the popular vote - saying Clinton should go in and magically lawyer the Supreme Court into giving her the presidency - works for CNN. Watch to the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6izexFkN4

And for those of you playing for the first time, can you spot the one, big, glaring historical inaccuracy in his comments?

That was hilarious and sad...

The inaccuracy is the camera man protestor claiming that the African-Americans vote only counted one-third as much as whites.  He was no doubt trying to refer to the three fifths clause of the Constitution that was used in population apportionment of Representatives in Congress.

What did I win?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
The inaccuracy is the camera man protestor claiming that the African-Americans vote only counted one-third as much as whites.  He was no doubt trying to refer to the three fifths clause of the Constitution that was used in population apportionment of Representatives in Congress.

What did I win?

Not being a great, big lackwit, like that guy.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife