Author Topic: The Cuban medical system  (Read 10648 times)

De Selby

• friend
Re: The Cuban medical system
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2016, 10:51:31 PM »
Sorry dogmush, but if you take a second and look at how emotion driven that screed is, you will get my point. 

Your hatred of communism does not equate to a factual analysis of Cuban government or healthcare.  You don't need to trust that I know anything about Cuba to see that.

You're having a hard time not flipping out because I'm saying (based on figures cited in the OP) that Cuba isn't terrible at everything.  That's an emotive, propaganda driven view which in my long experience with the Miami Cuban community is exactly what you'll get if that's what you choose to buy over a fact-based approach to the question.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »
Do you hate America when people post photos of lynchi(n)gs from the 60's?

No,  especially not if it's in context.     Do you think we approve of lynchigs ----- er, lynchings?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2016, 11:03:18 PM »
No,  especially not if it's in context.     Do you think we approve of lynchigs ----- er, lynchings?

That's the point.  Screaming emotive things doesn't prove anything
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »
That's the point.  Screaming emotive things doesn't prove anything

No....the point is people here are generally pretty disgusted at the thought of lynchings (an emotional reaction, you will note) and find the violent oppression Castro practiced in  Cuba equally if not more abhorent.
There are times  in life when such reactions are a good thing.  
One  does not praise Hitler for being kind to his dog Blondi because against the horror he perpetrated against millions such kindness has no merit.   Any praise directed toward Mussolini for making the trains run on time is either ironic or misinformed, since IL Duce did not in fact alter any train schedulings.
Castro was a  murderer, a thief, a dictator ,   a thug,  and ought to be remembered solely in that context.  
As for "screaming emotive things,"   I might suggest you worry more about whether they're true,  since being "emotive"  does not preclude them from being true.   You dismiss much that has been presented here far too easily.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2016, 11:38:53 PM »
Sorry dogmush, but if you take a second and look at how emotion driven that screed is, you will get my point.  

Your hatred of communism does not equate to a factual analysis of Cuban government or healthcare.  You don't need to trust that I know anything about Cuba to see that.

You're having a hard time not flipping out because I'm saying (based on figures cited in the OP) that Cuba isn't terrible at everything.  That's an emotive, propaganda driven view which in my long experience with the Miami Cuban community is exactly what you'll get if that's what you choose to buy over a fact-based approach to the question.

You're confused.  

I'm not flipping out, I'm laughing at your baseless self assurance.  I didn't mention either way how I felt about your statement.  If you'd care to read what I wrote, I pointed out that it's pretty easy to get a community to choose equal poverty (your assertion) if you kill anyone that wants wealth (or even the chance to earn wealth).  You then questioned weather the Castro government really killed anyone (or very many) and asked for evidence of killings.  Which I provided.  Then you wanted to start talking about context of shooting someone in the back of the head.  So I provided my context for my knowledge that Communism is bad.

I haven't actually commented on whether I believe the Cuban .gov propaganda on their healthcare, because it doesn't really matter.  Castro could have made the survivors immortal, and it wouldn't excuse the murder and subjugation that it took to get to today's Cuba.

I know that sometimes tone is lost in internet postings, but I assure you I am neither flipping out, nor posting screeds.  I'm typing, on my breaks from work, in the same half indulgent, half bemused tone I use on every other Millennial that thinks their vast internet reading of stuff that I lived while they were in grade school makes them experts on it.  (If, on the off chance I am misremembering your generation, I apologize.  I remember when you self identified as student, and your postings have that same tone of lots of reading without experiencing it.)  I'm also playing the "millennial song" on Facebook. ;)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »
:facepalm:
Do you not think it is pretty rational  to hate a political ideology with such a vast record of death, persecution and oppression to its name?

Hell, I bet he gets aroused fantasizing about other great leaders like Mao, Pol Pot, and Stalin.
He probably has framed Che Guevara posters as well.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2016, 10:53:30 AM »
Folks, DS is doing us a service in a back-handed sort of way.  **So pay attention to what DS is writing and what what it implies.**

1. DS is telling us--repeatedly and whilst using arguments from many different directions--that mass-murder of opponents in pursuit of lefty/progressive objectives is defensible and/or excusable(a). 

2. We--here in the USA--can expect to be dealt with as Che and Castro dealt with their opponents in Cuba, if ever the progressives/leftists gain such power. 

3. To be explicit: They (lefties/progressives) hate us and are willing to murder us to further their cause.  That is the inescapable conclusion one reaches when observing lefties defend left-wing murder regimes past and present for roughly a century.

There are follow-on implications for how the rest of us ought to react, how the pressures will shape that reaction (despite what anyone _wants_ to occur), and the long-term viability of living side-by-side with folk who would liquidate you to further their eschatological belief system.

(a) I went to school with the kids of middle-class folks who fled Castro and his mass-murderers.  Those folks witnessed it and lost friends and family.  I seriously doubt it was all a mass-delusion.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »
I hope there will be adequate medical care in the FEMA re-education camps.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »

Your hatred of communism does not equate to a factual analysis of Cuban government or healthcare.  You don't need to trust that I know anything about Cuba to see that.

You're having a hard time not flipping out because I'm saying (based on figures cited in the OP) that Cuba isn't terrible at everything.  That's an emotive, propaganda driven view which in my long experience with the Miami Cuban community is exactly what you'll get if that's what you choose to buy over a fact-based approach to the question.
"Not terrible" is far from good or any level of care that we would find tolerable.  So I really don't see what point you are trying to make at all in this thread except trolling.  

Thumbs up to roo_ster and dogmush.  Great posts.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »
Folks, DS is doing us a service in a back-handed sort of way.  **So pay attention to what DS is writing and what what it implies.**

1. DS is telling us--repeatedly and whilst using arguments from many different directions--that mass-murder of opponents in pursuit of lefty/progressive objectives is defensible and/or excusable(a). 

2. We--here in the USA--can expect to be dealt with as Che and Castro dealt with their opponents in Cuba, if ever the progressives/leftists gain such power. 

3. To be explicit: They (lefties/progressives) hate us and are willing to murder us to further their cause.  That is the inescapable conclusion one reaches when observing lefties defend left-wing murder regimes past and present for roughly a century.

There are follow-on implications for how the rest of us ought to react, how the pressures will shape that reaction (despite what anyone _wants_ to occur), and the long-term viability of living side-by-side with folk who would liquidate you to further their eschatological belief system.

(a) I went to school with the kids of middle-class folks who fled Castro and his mass-murderers.  Those folks witnessed it and lost friends and family.  I seriously doubt it was all a mass-delusion.

What you've done there is impressive: it's exactly what the media did with Trump statements.  That you've done it right after noticing it happened in the media with no hint of irony is very impressive.

De Selby says the Cuban government delivers some services well, explaining its longevity.

Therefore, De Selby supports mass murder.

See what's missing in that argument?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2016, 10:09:55 PM »

I haven't actually commented on whether I believe the Cuban .gov propaganda on their healthcare, because it doesn't really matter.  Castro could have made the survivors immortal, and it wouldn't excuse the murder and subjugation that it took to get to today's Cuba.

So you agree with me that you haven't cited any facts in this topic, and that the facts don't matter to you because you are emotionally opposed to Castro?

I don't see why you had to write so much when all you were doing was agreeing with me.  Your position is not based on facts, it's based on how you feel.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
That's not even close to what I wrote.

Literacy: give it a chance.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 12:27:26 AM »
That's not even close to what I wrote.

Literacy: give it a chance.

You wrote that the statistics don't matter and never will.  I'm not sure how much more a rejection of evidence based analysis there could be.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2016, 04:47:39 AM »
Nope.  I didn't write that.

Read the full sentence, carefully. You'll get there.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »
We can barely believe anything our own government puts out and folks are going to believe stats from a third world communist government?

Oh wait, the UN also says...   :rofl:

The communists looted and pillaged the country and created a peasant terror state that the peasants frequently try and escape from at great risk to their lives.

Oh, but they get adequate health care, mostly so they can continue to be productive slaves.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »
We can barely believe anything our own government puts out and folks are going to believe stats from a third world communist government?

Oh wait, the UN also says...   :rofl:

The communists looted and pillaged the country and created a peasant terror state that the peasants frequently try and escape from at great risk to their lives.

Oh, but they get adequate health care, mostly so they can continue to be productive slaves.
But it isn't terrible care so that means it is great and we should copy it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge