Author Topic: Trump: cancel Boeing's Air Force One contract  (Read 3514 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Trump: cancel Boeing's Air Force One contract
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 02:06:12 PM »
They should have called the F-35 the McNamara II instead of the Lightning II.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
Was is the F-111 that came around then or was that later? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 09:45:19 PM »
The F-111 was McNamara and his whiz kid's attempt at a one-size-fits-all fighter.  It failed miserably in that role.  It wasn't a bad fighter-bomber, though.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.