Author Topic: Trump's Rookie Season  (Read 970 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump's Rookie Season
« on: December 06, 2016, 04:07:59 PM »
Looks to me like The Donald is already in the running for Rookie of the Year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-media-offer-stern-warning-rookie-trump-061137748.html

He's ruffling China's feather's. I say "Good for him!" They need their feathers ruffled. Better to do it now, before they become impossibly powerful (if they aren't already) both militarily and economically.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Trump's Rookie Season
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »
Softening them up for future negotiations.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »
Funny thing is that it was Taiwan's president that called him.  What was he supposed to do, not take the call?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »
Funny thing is that it was Taiwan's president that called him.  What was he supposed to do, not take the call?
It's easy for someone like a billionaire, president elect totally insulated by gatekeepers to politely decline to speak to someone.

That said, I don't have a problem with him tweaking the Chinese government a little bit.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »
It's easy for someone like a billionaire, president elect totally insulated by gatekeepers to politely decline to speak to someone.

This.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »

Obama and Hillary seem to have perfected that technique, at least with besieged ambassadors anyway.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:56:55 PM »
Obama and Hillary seem to have perfected that technique, at least with besieged ambassadors anyway.

That would be funny, except ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design