Author Topic: Brandishing knives at the high school = shot by school resource officer  (Read 851 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4011038/The-Latest-Nevada-high-school-lockdown-shots-fired.html

My wife and I just watched the segment on the NBC evening news, which included video of the kid brandishing the knives and being shot.  We both agreed that stupidity should be painful; perhaps there would be less of it, then.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Brandishing knives at the high school = shot by school resource officer
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:18:08 PM »
Standard lead-in to the video: "This video contains images that may be disturbing ... blah, blah, blah."

And then they edited out the part where the kid gets shot. They should have left it in -- more kids need to understand that, in the real world, when you get shot it hurts, and you don't get to reset and start over.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 12:44:44 AM »
Generally I'm not overly fond of the "thin blue line" and typically look askance at most shootings by cops I see on the web.  Here, not so much.  Someone pulls a knife in a threatening manner against others, shooting the one with the knife is just reasonable and proper
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 01:12:17 AM »
100 to 1 the cops career in LE is over.
He'll get pilloried as bad as Zimmerman by the libtards.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 04:59:11 AM »
100 to 1 the cops career in LE is over.
He'll get pilloried as bad as Zimmerman by the libtards.
Not for shooting white kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 05:02:42 AM »
Let's see, you pull a knife at a school, just over a week after a spree stabber got himself shot and killed?

That's just asking to get shot yourself.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »
Why didn't the cop shoot the knofe out of the kid's hand?  The cop could have shot him im the leg!  All the kid needed was a hug.

/End stupid liberal screed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 06:02:47 AM »
If you look at the video closely the kid was clearly responding to a SD situation.  He only pulled that knife because all the people running away from him had just wrestled away his gun/taser/billy and were going to reach 20 yards, turn and come back to attack.

There's no fair jury on earth that would convict him for defending himself from that shooter.  I saw it on conservativetreehouse.

[popcorn]
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 06:58:48 AM »
Heavily edited video . . .

What's with this news video cr@p we see all over these days where only the middle of the picture is clear and the sides are blurred out?   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 08:04:30 AM »
Why didn't the cop shoot the knife out of the kid's hand?  The cop could have shot him in the leg!  All the kid needed was a hug.

I would have just shot the blade off of the knife, less chance of injuring his young, innocent fingers.  Admittedly I haven't seen that done on TV, but I can imagine it so it must be possible.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »
Heavily edited video . . .

What's with this news video cr@p we see all over these days where only the middle of the picture is clear and the sides are blurred out?   :facepalm:

The blurred sides are because the video is in vertical orientation but our TVs and computers use a horizontal orientation to view video.  The blurred sides are just a way to fill up the edge of the video box.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
I would have just shot the blade off of the knife, less chance of injuring his young, innocent fingers.  Admittedly I haven't seen that done on TV, but I can imagine it so it must be possible.
And if the knife edge split your bullet in two, sending both halves into the crowd at high speed?   :O

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
No malice in my heart so it can not happen :angel:
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 02:06:38 PM »
Not for shooting white kid.

He's white? How'd this even make the news, then?

(Checks the link) Oh, BRITISH news. Of course. Because the American news media can't use this to forward the narrative.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought