Author Topic: Liberals -- Running scared, engaging in damage control  (Read 1035 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Liberals -- Running scared, engaging in damage control
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
Caught flat-footed by Trump's election, now trying to rally the troops. And still tone deaf

http://fortune.com/2016/12/09/big-business-donald-trump-mass-deportation/

“This election clearly showed that Americans are wildly frustrated with our broken immigration system,” said Jeremy Robbins, executive director of the New American Economy, a group whose board includes Bloomberg, Murdoch and leaders of business giants Marriott MAR -0.51% , Disney DIS 1.36% , and Boeing BA 0.81% . “But it would be a mistake to equate their desire for someone to secure the border with support for mass deportation or other hardline policies that would both devastate the economy and undermine core American values.”

Sorry, but no, it would NOT be a mistake to equate our desire for a secure border with our desire to see ALL the illegal aliens in the country deported. That's one of the fundamental reasons so many Americans voted for Trump -- we want our jobs back. Who cares what billionares who worked against Trump's election want?

Trump’s transition team declined to answer questions about his immigration plans this week.

He hinted at a softer approach in a Time magazine interview published this week, saying he would “work something out” to help immigrants who were brought to the United States illegally as children and granted work permits by President Barack Obama. On deportation, Trump told 60 Minutes shortly after the election that he would prioritize deporting between 2 and 3 million “people that are criminal and have criminal records—gang members, drug dealers.”

Such a plan would largely be in line with the Obama administration’s current policy.

In line with Obama's policy? What a bald-faced lie. Obama's policy is to turn them loose on the streets.

“This is going to take a while,” said Daniel Garza, executive director for the Koch Brothers-backed LIBRE Initiative, which supports a pathway to citizenship for immigrants in the country illegally and opposes mass deportation. “In the meantime we will make sure our voice is heard.”

The Koch brothers opposed Trump, and they are out of step with what Americans want. There should be no place in Trump's administration for any discussion of paths to citizenship for illegal aliens. My wife and my adopted daughter had to go through the legal process. If we had to do it, the others should do it. Send them home, and let them start over, going through the legal process.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Liberals -- Running scared, engaging in damage control
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »
Caught flat-footed by Trump's election, now trying to rally the troops. And still tone deaf

http://fortune.com/2016/12/09/big-business-donald-trump-mass-deportation/

Sorry, but no, it would NOT be a mistake to equate our desire for a secure border with our desire to see ALL the illegal aliens in the country deported. That's one of the fundamental reasons so many Americans voted for Trump -- we want our jobs back. Who cares what billionares who worked against Trump's election want?

In line with Obama's policy? What a bald-faced lie. Obama's policy is to turn them loose on the streets.

The Koch brothers opposed Trump, and they are out of step with what Americans want. There should be no place in Trump's administration for any discussion of paths to citizenship for illegal aliens. My wife and my adopted daughter had to go through the legal process. If we had to do it, the others should do it. Send them home, and let them start over, going through the legal process.

You know, given that our country has sent mixed signals to these illegal aliens for 30+ years, I'm willing to grant them amnesty.

That amnesty would be: leave now, start the process for legal immigration, and we will not penalize you for breaking the laws previously. THAT is the only kind of amnesty I'm willing to give.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:15:43 PM »
You know, given that our country has sent mixed signals to these illegal aliens for 30+ years, I'm willing to grant them amnesty.

That amnesty would be: leave now, start the process for legal immigration, and we will not penalize you for breaking the laws previously. THAT is the only kind of amnesty I'm willing to give.

I can get on board with that.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
They didn't loose to a hard core conservative, just someone slightly more conservative than their candidates.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:18:43 PM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
They didn't loose to a hard core conservative, just some slightly more conservative than their candidates.

Except on the issue of immigration. That was the ONE area Trump was more conservative than the rest of the field. (Or, at least, CLAIMED to be more conservative.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 02:44:16 PM »
We need to secure our borders first and foremost.  That will take time. 

Any illegal alien arrested in the meantime for committing a high misdemeanor or felony get a ticket on the first plane out of the country. 

Once the borders are secure and in good order and we have a rational immigration policy, read NO immigration from anywhere for any reason for a period of time, we can deal with illegals still present. 

I could get on board a program of them turning themselves in if they have no criminal charges (other than entry), have a job, and a place to live.  They can be vetted, swear allegiance to America, agree to learning the language (if they haven't already done that) and after a period of time, become citizens.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
I could get on board a program of them turning themselves in if they have no criminal charges (other than entry), have a job, and a place to live.  They can be vetted, swear allegiance to America, agree to learning the language (if they haven't already done that) and after a period of time, become citizens.

They should also have to agree not to send more than 15 percent of any American wages back to whatever country they came from, and they should also agree that they will never work "under the table."

Waiting period to become a citizen for illegals already in the country? How about 175 years?

You might deduce from the above that I am not a big fan of illegal aliens draining our resources while they send 90 percent of their illegal wages back to Mexico/Guatemala/Honduras/______ .

Western Union's "Dinero en Minuto" program should be shut down, permanently. If the illegals want to send money back to the home country, they can learn to read English and use the same form that everyone else uses.