Author Topic: Whiskey  (Read 4670 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Whiskey
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 07:41:32 AM »
Old Crow, Wild Turkey, Yukon Jack....

Those all suck.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 08:27:52 AM »
Old Crow, Wild Turkey, Yukon Jack....

Those all suck.

:rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
Re:
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 08:35:02 AM »
Can you find some good moonshine? It's not cheap but it will ruin you for taxed booze

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Eh, gotta go with no.

I've had good moonshine, and it's good, but it's completely different then a good whiskey.  Good moonshine will ruin you for taxed rotgut, but you shouldn't be buying any liqueur that's available in plastic jugs anyway.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re:
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 10:27:02 AM »

Eh, gotta go with no.

I've had good moonshine, and it's good, but it's completely different then a good whiskey.  Good moonshine will ruin you for taxed rotgut, but you shouldn't be buying any liqueur that's available in plastic jugs anyway.
I could never taste past the 5th shot so most of it taste was moot point

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re:
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »

Eh, gotta go with no.

The good stuff comes in a quart mason jar.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Re:
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
I could never taste past the 5th shot so most of it taste was moot point

Well there ya go.  =D

Good whiskey is sippin' whiskey. Taking shots is for something you find unpalatable, like NyQuil and Southern Comfort.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re:
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2016, 10:48:28 AM »
The good stuff comes in a quart mason jar.

Half my family is old school backwoods North Alabama folks.  I am very familiar with good moonshine.  And thanks to Uncle Billy I'm familiar with not good moonshine as well.

Grebnaws

• friend
Re:
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
Even my girlfriend likes Maker's Mark 46 and she isn't a whiskey, whisky, or bourbon lover. I don't see how anyone could dislike even if it isn't their favorite. Maker's Mark is definitely on the sweeter side of things. We toured some distilleries in Bourbon country and we're impressed with how traditional the process is,  and that does ad some appeal to the mystique of the higher priced products.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Gotta narrow it down. Especially if you want to get him a "nice" bottle.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
I think we have overwhelmed him.  He hasn't been back since he gave us a price range.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 09:04:40 AM »
Maybe he's doing field tests

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2016, 09:13:49 AM »
Maybe he's doing field tests

Smart man. Always good to be conscientious before giving something to the boss. "Here's <hic!> yer PRESHENT!"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »
Ben, RKL, Dogmush: Spoken like true aficionados ( or sumpin close)! Real corn squeezins, not Apple pie or that crap!
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."