Author Topic: [Poor] Sportsmanship of the Year  (Read 1449 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
[Poor] Sportsmanship of the Year
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:03:11 PM »
And this award goes to Grayson Allen of Duke, who just got caught intentionally tripping an opposing player ... for the THIRD time in his career at Duke (which is on;y 2-1/2 years -- he's a junior).

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/22/duke-grayson-allen-suspended/?adid=hero1

What a jerk. He shouldn't have been suspended, he should be cut from the team. Three strikes and you're out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: [Poor] Sportsmanship of the Year
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:08:24 PM »
Coach K only is doing this because of all the media backlash that happened this morning.  If he was really serious he would've benched him for the rest of the game yesterday as well.  I bet he is playing in the first game after the first of the year.

If he had his clocked cleaned one of the first two times he did this, it wouldn't have happened again.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:49 PM »
I'm sure he's done it a lot more than three times. He just got caught three times. I've seen videos of the other incidents ... in one, he stuck his leg out behind him to trip an opponent who was running past his back ... without even having the ball! Then he looked at the number on his shirt in disbelief when the foul was called, as in "Who, me? I din do nuffin'." He's obviously been doing this for a long time and it's just another part of his game.

See first incident (titled #3 in the link): http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1189749-ranking-grayson-allen-s-3-blatant-trips

Cheater.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:53:42 PM »

Cheater.

I think *expletive deleted*bag is the word you're after,  especially with his little tantrums on the bench.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 08:28:31 AM »
I think a lifetime ban on sportsballing of any kind would be appropriate.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams