Author Topic: Merry Christmas, APS!  (Read 3275 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Merry Christmas, APS!
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2016, 08:27:59 PM »
Was going to fry and grill smoke a couple of small turkeys.  The fry did not go off as the wind was powerful enough to shake the vat full of 5gal of peanut oil.  Screw that noise.  Plan B was roast turkey number two in a roasting bag as usual.

Money was a bit tight so we stayed home and toned down the gifts.  Still did alright with 2 wilson 47d mags, a super sharp replaceable blade knife, and a set crimson trace laser grips for my sw638. 

Christmas is our annual  everything gift between wife and self...anniversary, bdays, Christmas, valentines all rolled into one.

It was so warm i was in shorts and short sleeves all day.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2016, 08:30:49 PM »
It's 12:14 where I am, or 0014hrs.  Got home from Mass around half an hour ago. Now sitting alone, sipping on some vodka, enjoying some quiet alone time before chaos erupts in the morning. 

And so I it's been said, many times,  many ways,  Merry Christmas to you and yours.  We'll start the "what did you get " thread in about 14 or 15 hours.

Low key Christmas Eve service last night, "lessons and carols".  I did a reading.  Christmas day, to church.  Again, low key normal service, no showy extravaganzas for us, thank you.   Then over to my daughter's family for the afternoon for food and presents.  I ended up giving away most of a 5 gallon batch of homebrew beer.  That was why I made that batch.  Those that tried it seemed to think it was good.

What did I get?  Not much, and I;m happy with that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 08:32:01 PM »
Still did alright with 2 wilson 47d mags

Wilson had a really good Christmas sale on magazines.  I'm going to have to check that to see if it's still on, RSN.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2016, 09:28:36 PM »
Got up early and peeled, cubes and boiled then mashed `taters, made garlic cheese (2 loaves) and cinnamon toast (1 loaf) french bread and cooked the lot along with some other goodies. Once that was done, we went to the wife's aunt's house after picking up her mom and pop from the "home." Visited and ate, got a few small gifts took mom and pop back and collapsed at the house. Terri's physically hurting and I'm spent.

OK, when is this Christmas thing that's supposed to be coming? Sigh... Did I ever mention that this time of year is sucky for some and gets suckier for others as time passes? We're OK, just not "in the Christmas spirit."
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »
Merry Christmas to all!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2016, 11:11:31 PM »
Merry Christmas, Ladies and Gents.  Hope it was good.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 12:25:53 AM »
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2016, 02:35:41 AM »

The last time I saw something like that, it was floating over Battersea Power Station.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 04:31:55 AM »
The bacon on the critter is likely to be a bit on the crunchy side.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2016, 09:02:35 PM »
SWMBO's birthday is Christmas day.  Had lunch and walked around downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.  Never in a million years would I have thought how neat the downtown area is there.  Lots of green space, a large marina, an airport, a pro baseball stadium, museums, all sorts of buildings that are very pretty and tropical looking.  Had a great lunch at the historic, rehabbed Vinoy Hotel.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2016, 11:25:17 PM »
The bacon on the critter is likely to be a bit on the crunchy side.

But if I feed it right, the bacon could buy even more bacon.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Late to the game, Merry late Christmas and for some Happy Hanukkah, to those if any that are of the Jewish faith, since it began Christmas Eve,
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!