Author Topic: Obama "Sanctions" Russia  (Read 5243 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
CNN's talking head Russia guru says

By declining to match the move made by Washington with tit-for-tat measures, as a Russian president normally would do, Putin is really issuing "an enormous insult" to Obama, she said.
Putin's move also represents a huge challenge to Trump, Dougherty said, because he will come into office "having Vladimir Putin essentially reach across the divide and say 'let's do this together, let's just ignore all of this and go forward'."
Dougherty added, "It's an amazing move and it's classic Putin, I would have to say -- he's a master of doing things that are unexpected, and this is truly unex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Triphammer

• friend
Re: Obama "Sanctions" Russia
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 01:05:38 PM »
in the coming war with China, we'll need Russia on our side.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »
Putin plays chess.  Obama plays checkers.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
I was just about to post that. Whatever else you can say about Putin, the guy knows how to play an elegant game of chess. Of course he's not exactly facing a master opponent.

Putin is playing chess, Obama is playing with himself.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
Putin appears to be ignoring Obama. 

Yes, indeed. Signalling that the lame duck's gestures will not even be taken seriously. Ouch.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re:
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »
CNN's talking head Russia guru says

By declining to match the move made by Washington with tit-for-tat measures, as a Russian president normally would do, Putin is really issuing "an enormous insult" to Obama, she said.
Putin's move also represents a huge challenge to Trump, Dougherty said, because he will come into office "having Vladimir Putin essentially reach across the divide and say 'let's do this together, let's just ignore all of this and go forward'."
Dougherty added, "It's an amazing move and it's classic Putin, I would have to say -- he's a master of doing things that are unexpected, and this is truly unex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hmm.. 
Isn't it like 3 weeks before Trump is in office?  Assuming he reverses the decision on a semi-prompt basis*, that's basically a vacation for said operatives.  They come home for Christmas, New Years, spend time with family back home, etc...

I'd disagree that this was "unexpected".  Russia knows we have a new president coming in that's of the opposite party, and that Obama is releasing a rash of actions before he leaves office to try to screw things up for the incoming President or implement changes that he wants that he couldn't do before the elections because they'd be unpopular.

So Meh.

*I expect very little "instantly" out of a president.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
In a larger sense Putin may have claimed the mantle of senior statesmanship. Ambassador killed, fry Turkey memes a plenty. Instead, he works with them on a Syrian cease fire. This crap, he refuses to publicly respond. Looks more leaderish than reset buttons, red lines, and chopping off allies at the knees in the UN.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 11:32:36 AM »
It's interesting that we are all of the sudden finding Russian incursions everywhere*. I note the story below doesn't specifically say "Russian government", but rather "Russians". Also it's all Democrat reps talking about "doing something"**. Again, I say this is all becoming an analog of McCarthyism.

* Because every country with an internet connection hasn't been doing this to their adversaries (and friends) since the Internet (and well before).

** Yes, I'm pretty sure the other side would be doing this if roles were reversed. They all certainly are willing to completely muck up operational security for "political security".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/31/russia-linked-malware-found-on-us-electric-companys-laptop.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 09:53:38 PM »
And "oops". Update to the story above which was started by the Washington Post is that the ruskies didn't do it after all. More of that fake news "retraction reporting" where the retraction gets buried.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/12/31/shocker-russian-hackers-didnt-penetrate-us-electrical-grid-after-all-malware-found-on-laptop/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 01:43:05 AM »
And "oops". Update to the story above which was started by the Washington Post is that the ruskies didn't do it after all. More of that fake news "retraction reporting" where the retraction gets buried.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/12/31/shocker-russian-hackers-didnt-penetrate-us-electrical-grid-after-all-malware-found-on-laptop/

That's precisely why Limbaugh started calling them "drive-by media." They rush in to slaughter some poor target, and by the time the exonerating truth emerges, they've moved on to the next alleged villain, and the character assassination is never really reversed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
CNN uses screenshot from ‘Fallout 4’ game to show how Russians hack things:  :facepalm:

http://bgr.com/2017/01/02/cnn-hacking-fallout-screenshot/

CNN grabbed a screenshot of the hacking mini-game from the extremely popular RPG Fallout 4. First spotted by Reddit, the screenshot shows the menacing neon green letters that gamers will instantly recognize as being from the game.  :rofl:

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Imagine the D's outrage if Bush had done *expletive deleted*it like this just before he turned the reigns over to Obama.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 11:30:53 AM »
Imagine the D's outrage if Bush had done *expletive deleted*it like this just before he turned the reigns over to Obama.

In the weeks before Bill Clinton took office, there was a major issue that President GHW Bush had to act on. He didn't want to box in Clinton as Obama has done to Trump, so GHWB called Clinton to advise him, and ask for his input on how he'd like the issue handled.

That's the difference between Obama and people with class (and the interests of the country at heart).

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
I wonder if the White house staff is going to steal the "T" from all the keyboards when they leave.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »
I wonder if the White house staff is going to steal the "T" from all the keyboards when they leave.

I was also wondering that. I'm figuring they'll do worse than the Clinton adolescents did. Of course the MSM will only label it as "good natured hijinks". If R staffers do it then it's destruction of property and sabotage.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »
I wish the Russians/Assange would hack Obama's college records. I bet that would be a shitshow!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
Russians or no, i'm getting irritated at the constant pushing of the "OMG HACKED ELECTION" narrative.

Until someone shows me that emails were manufactured or the information within was manufactured, the election wasn't "hacked" by anyone.

You get caught cheating on your spouse, the nationality of the PI that caught you shouldn't be relevant.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »
Russians or no, i'm getting irritated at the constant pushing of the "OMG HACKED ELECTION" narrative.

Until someone shows me that emails were manufactured or the information within was manufactured, the election wasn't "hacked" by anyone.

You get caught cheating on your spouse, the nationality of the PI that caught you shouldn't be relevant.

It's the democrats, with them the facts of the issue are irrelevant, it is the seriousness of the allegations that matters.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »

Bulverism.  Attacking the motives/means/person while ignoring the real issue.

http://www.unz.com/isteve/bulverism/

The avoidance of object-level discussion in favor of meta-level discussion...

The Bulverist assumes a speaker’s argument is invalid or false and then explains why the speaker came to make that mistake, attacking the speaker or the speaker’s motive. The term “Bulverism” was coined by C. S. Lewis to poke fun at a very serious error in thinking that, he alleges, recurs often in a variety of religious, political, and philosophical debates.

Do read the whole bit at the linky, it is very interesting.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton