Author Topic: Coulter on the hunt  (Read 722 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Coulter on the hunt
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:52:54 PM »
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-02-08.html

How dare she point out parallels between Trump's policies and previous (Democratic) administrations' actions?

Judge Robart's veto of Trump's travel ban notwithstanding, there is not the slightest question but that the president, in his sole discretion, can choose to admit or exclude any foreigners he likes, based on "the interests of the United States.”

The Clinton administration used the executive branch's broad power over immigration to send a 6-year-old boy back to a communist dictatorship. The courts were completely powerless to stop him.

As explained by the federal appellate court that ruled on Elian Gonzalez's asylum application: "It is the duty of the Congress and of the executive branch to exercise political will," and "in no context is the executive branch entitled to more deference than in the context of foreign affairs," which includes immigration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Coulter on the hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »
And yet, the judicial branch is about to (in my opinion) rule against the muslin countries travel ban, just because "*expletive deleted*ck Trump" is more important than the actual law.  I hope I'm wrong on this.

I liked the article. :)
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:43:37 AM »
I always kind of thought that it would more likely  be hard core right wing types pushing back against extreme government over reach that would be the most likely spark that lit the fuse.

I've come to idea that it is now far more likely to be juvenile histrionics and temper tantrums from the looney left that start the party.

Either way it'll be ugly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
She isn't Judge Napolitano but let's remember that Ann Coulter was educated as a lawyer. She does tend to speak for effect, but she's also prone to engaging her brain before putting her mouth in gear.

If she weren't so much younger, better looking, and more intelligent than I am I think I could love that woman.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design