Author Topic: School accuses 5-year-old of sex harassment  (Read 2396 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
School accuses 5-year-old of sex harassment
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »
http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=154557&format=print
This is the most disturbing bit:

During the 2005-06 school year, 28 kindergarten students in Maryland were suspended for sex offenses, including sexual assault, sexual harassment and sexual activity, according to state data. Fifteen of those suspensions were for sexual harassment

School accuses 5-year-old of sex harassment

by ERIN CUNNINGHAM
erinc@herald-mail.com

HAGERSTOWN - A kindergarten student was accused earlier this month of sexually harassing a classmate at Lincolnshire Elementary School, an accusation that will remain on his record until he moves to middle school.

Washington County Public Schools spokeswoman Carol Mowen said the definition of sexual harassment used by the school system is, "unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and/or other inappropriate verbal, written or physical conduct of a sexual nature directed toward others."

Mowen said that definition comes from the Maryland State Department of Education.

According to a school document provided by the boy's father, the 5-year-old pinched a girl's buttocks on Dec. 8 in a hallway at the school south of Hagerstown.

Charles Vallance, the boy's father, said he was unable to explain to his son what he had done.

"He knows nothing about sex," Vallance said. "There's no way to explain what he's been written up for. He knows it as playing around. He doesn't know it as anything sexual at all."

The incident was described as "sexual harassment" on the school form.

School officials consider a student's age and the specific action when determining what administrative action to take, Mowen said.

Lincolnshire Principal Darlene Teach and Mowen said they were unable to discuss he incident involving the Lincolnshire student.

Teach said any student, regardless of grade level, can be cited for sexual harassment.

"Anytime a student touches another student inappropriately, it could be sexual harassment," Teach said.

School administrators at a Texas school in November suspended a 4-year-old student for inappropriately touching a teacher's aide after the prekindergarten student hugged the woman.

"It's important to understand a child may not realize that what he or she is doing may be considered sexual harassment, but if it fits under the definition, then it is, under the state's guidelines," Mowen said. "If someone has been told this person does not want this type of touching, it doesn't matter if it's at work or at school, that's sexual harassment."

The incident will be included in the boy's file while he remains at Lincolnshire, but Mowen said those files do not follow students when they move on to middle school.

She described the incident as a "learning opportunity."

During the 2005-06 school year, 28 kindergarten students in Maryland were suspended for sex offenses, including sexual assault, sexual harassment and sexual activity, according to state data. Fifteen of those suspensions were for sexual harassment.

During the 2005-06 school year, one Washington County prekindergarten student was suspended from school, and 12 of the county's kindergartners were suspended for various offenses, according to state data.

Strings

Re: School accuses 5-year-old of sex harassment
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Are we TRYING to create a generation of boys that are traumatized by the idea of touching a woman?

meinbruder

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Are we TRYING to create a generation of boys that are traumatized by the idea of touching a woman?

What is more astounding is that we're traumatizing young boys who don't have a clue as to what a woman is yet. 
}:)>
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

LAK

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:55:45 PM »
This is criminal on the part of the school and state. I would sue them right off. It is perverted to pursue a charge of any "sexual" intent on behalf of a five year old, and these perverts need to to have the brakes put on them.

In fact, I would look into criminal charges of the mental abuse and molestation of my child. Anyone that uses force, individual or that of the state, to ruin the innocence of a five year old's mind in this way ought to be indicted appropriately.

----------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:33:19 AM »
Yet another victory for zero tolerance...

Strings

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 03:51:44 AM »
>What is more astounding is that we're traumatizing young boys who don't have a clue as to what a woman is yet. <
\
That's kinda my point. Think about it: if you were busted for "sexual harassment" or "sexual assualt" like some of these young kids are, would you be willing to even TOUCH a woman when you get older?

Heck... I remember playing "doctor" when I was little older than these kids: I probably would've been locked up by today's system!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 05:04:54 AM »
The dang yuppies are REALLY starting to get out of hand!  shocked
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 05:17:09 AM »
It is perverted to pursue a charge of any "sexual" intent on behalf of a five year old, and these perverts need to to have the brakes put on them.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking when I read this. You pretty much have to be a pervert to sit around and  come up with these kinds of "rules" and focus them on little kids.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 07:33:04 AM »
You pretty much have to be a pervert to sit around and  come up with these kinds of "rules" and focus them on little kids.
+1. (Read my .sig line for my take on this.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »
wonder by todays standards what I would have been guilty off when me and little Michelle Adams were caught playing doctor at the ripe old age of seven shocked
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 09:24:38 AM »
Bye Bye, common sense, it's been nice knowing ya.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 01:36:39 PM »
According to a school document provided by the boy's father, the 5-year-old pinched a girl's buttocks on Dec. 8 in a hallway at the school south of Hagerstown.

Charles Vallance, the boy's father, said he was unable to explain to his son what he had done.

"He knows nothing about sex," Vallance said. "There's no way to explain what he's been written up for. He knows it as playing around. He doesn't know it as anything sexual at all."

The incident was described as "sexual harassment" on the school form.
This same thing actually happened to a nephew of mine 2 years ago when he was 5YO. The school made a huge deal about it and nearly expelled him.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
I agree with LAK.

<The world will end in ten minutes.>
D. R. ZINN

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 09:49:13 PM »
And yet, people don't understand why I intend to homeschool my child.....

Further proof that the inmates are running the asylum.
Hi.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »
And yet, people don't understand why I intend to homeschool my child.....

Further proof that the inmates are running the asylum.

I've never been formally "homeschooled", although at least half of my technically "school" education has come from my parents.

A suggestion that has come into my head in the past few years, if you have a decent basic cable system available to you, you have a really good educational tool available. I was born in 1970. In about the last ten years, I've become aware of how much is out there to be used as part of a good education.... The Science Channel, The Learning Channel, Animal Planet, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, The Biography Channel,  and several others are available to you as teaching aids.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"