Author Topic: Gun sales could fall under President Trump  (Read 4457 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Gun sales could fall under President Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »

I'm going to try and focus on shooting what I have.

Chris

My plan too, actually I'm thinking about getting a couple duplicates in my most used bolt action rifles. Maybe pick up a couple nice SXS shotgun, one is 12 and one in 20. Get better glass, etc.

I'm at the point where I want to buy nice firearms to enjoy more than the utility aspect of the more affordable ones.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
My reality is that I can't make enough time/money to shoot all the guns I currently have.  I don't have enough vault space for more and I am hard-pressed to think of anything else I need.  As opposed to want.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
I prefer to think of it as gun (and ammo) prices falling.  =)

Is you an ijiotiot?

EVERYONE knows that current prices are the new normal! And that they'll never, ever, no way in hell not gonna happen, ever go down again!

Because, you know, GREEDY MANUFACTURERS! In collusion with the Obama administration to deny us our Second Amendment rights by using stimulus money to buy up all of the ammo, powder, and primers, and authorizing DHS to buy 400 billion trillion flesh ripping bullets so that they can go to war against America!

It must be true, because brain-dead f*expletive deleted*tards have been bleating it all over the internetz for the past 8 years!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 06:49:16 AM »
I can't see gun sales falling off too much.  Too many new shooters over the last 20 years.  And the gun companies keep putting new rifles on the market so it seems they aren't worried.

Silly Man!

Don't you know that recent national surveys have shown that only 3 people in the United States own guns?

THREE!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 06:49:35 AM »
Mike, eat Snickers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 06:56:09 AM »
Mike, eat Snickers.

That's what I used to say (sometimes) to all of those idiots who think that prices can only go up.

I fully expect sales to taper off, if not fall off a freaking cliff, in the next few months.

People haven't just been buying for the last 8 years, many people have been going out of their flipping minds buying stuff. A large driver was the constant threat that there was going to be new and draconian anti-gun legislation.

With that threat removed, at least for now, people aren't going to feel the pressure/need to buy something that might very well be targeted tomorrow.

This crap is cyclical. It happened under Carter, it happened under Clinton, and it happened in a very huge way under Obama.

In each of those cases, the spikes in sales were followed by a leveling off, if not an outright drop, when relatively gun friendly presidents took office.

There was one exception, though... post 1986 FOPA. Sales of surplus firearms and ammunition grew explosively for a number of years as people bought high-quality, low price foreign surplus that had been shut out of the US market for years.

In 1992 I bought two as new unissued Chinese SKS rifles for $60 a piece, and 2 cases of ammo for about $55 each.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08:31 AM »
I think I paid $100 for the unissued Russian SKS I bought in '95. Wish I still had the damn thing.

Yeah, I hope you're right and I agree with your logic but, that is in fact my picture in the dictionary entry for "cynical ahole". =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 10:18:13 AM »
I came late to the gun party but I think the early 2000's were a golden age of shooting. The ban had no real teeth, the internet came into its own as an information resource and commercial outlet and prices were excellent. $100/5000rd case of .22, $150/case of .223, reloading 9mm for $65/1000, that's what I want back.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »
I buy 2-3 new guns every year, don't see that changing much... I usually tell myself that I don't need another, but that usually doesn't last long.

Since when has need been a parameter in gun buying?

Anecdotal, but the owner of the range where I shoot teaches a gun safety class required in this state to get a carry permit. (Disclaimer: I took my permit class from him almost twenty years ago.) He offers the class every Saturday morning, with a class size limit of 15 people. He has been sold out for months, and he's still booked up through about March.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design