Author Topic: Suck it local liberal city council and mayor! And Bloomberg...  (Read 1379 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Suck it local liberal city council and mayor! And Bloomberg...
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
http://missoulian.com/news/local/attorney-general-overturns-missoula-gun-ordinance/article_2ee9643a-47a5-5dae-a431-fc1d8aa953a6.html

The MT Attorney General just overturned the unconstitutional Missoula city ordinance passed last year requiring background checks on private gun sales.

Everyone knew this would happen, city decided to waste money on this BS anyway.

Yes!

City hasn't decided if it will double down on the stupid and try to appeal this or not.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Suck it local liberal city council and mayor! And Bloomberg...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »
Out of curiosity, what do you estimate the demographics are in Missoula these days (i.e., how outnumbered are you)? It sounds a little like Austin North.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
Pretty outnumbered.  My ward is the only one that tends to go conservative.  All of the others keep electing uber-liberals.  And the mayor is a raving leftist, an actual buddy of Bloomberg. 

As a guess..  70/30 slanted towards liberals.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
Pretty outnumbered.  My ward is the only one that tends to go conservative.  All of the others keep electing uber-liberals.  And the mayor is a raving leftist, an actual buddy of Bloomberg. 

As a guess..  70/30 slanted towards liberals.

There goes the theory that hard winters will prevent the spread of vermin.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
There goes the theory that hard winters will prevent the spread of vermin.

They got pipelines and nasty iron at infrastructure keeping them warm. Fix that, cut your own wood, see how they do.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
The MT Attorney General just overturned the unconstitutional Missoula city ordinance passed last year requiring background checks on private gun sales.

Barely time for the grass to die at the new popular parking spot ten feet past the city limit sign.