Author Topic: Wanna start the rodeo?  (Read 3362 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Wanna start the rodeo?
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »

I know some of you say you want to get it over with. The Federalist says you may get your wish:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/31/prominent-leftists-now-outright-condone-violence-oppose-trump/

Meh. Threats of violence are usually just that. The article doesn't mention the fact that several police have already been murdered.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Wanna start the rodeo?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:44:01 AM »
Are we prepared to deal with four to eight years of this?

I would bet that just about everyone on this board is.

As someone said, inside every liberal/progressive is an authoritarian screaming to get out...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
It would make my day if these guys would go toe to toe with David Clarke & the Bundy camp - let the whackos get it out of their systems and leave the rest of us out of it.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
They seem to have gotten past denial and are now into anger, bargaining is next.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
So we're really shocked that the left is embracing, and advocating, violence?

OH REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY?

The left has always said that they're the faction of peace, love, harmony, and puppies, and that the right is nothing more than a bunch of ultraviolent cavemen.

The odd thing is, even with all of the violence coming out of their camp, they're still going to believe that they're peaceful.

Eventually, if these idiots actually go from concept to creation, some of them are going to get hurt, or worse.

Then they're going to be all weepy and martary and cry about how the evil gun loving cavemen on the right blah blah blah...

And I'm just going to work even harder at not giving a *expletive deleted*it about them, other than to occasionally say "thank you for removing yourself from the gene pool."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
They seem to have gotten past denial and are now into anger, bargaining is next.

Hopefully someone's already got the logistics worked out to compromise by helping them colonize the sun.  Tons of solar energy, enough clean burning hydrogen to last the rest of their lives, and Trump holds no sway there.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »

The left has always said that they're the faction of peace, love, harmony, and puppies, and that the right is nothing more than a bunch of ultraviolent cavemen.

Yes, and Muslims say the same thing -- right before another of their harbingers of peace and love shoots up a nightclub, civic center, or shopping mall.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »
Yes, and Muslims say the same thing -- right before another of their harbingers of peace and love shoots up a nightclub, civic center, or shopping mall.

And then it's society's fault.  I just keep hearing the stereotypical Hollywood "You made me do that.  It's your fault I had to kill him." bad guy.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:43 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/trump-supporter-knocked-out-called-nazi-by-protesters-video/

I saw this posted on FB a few days ago. The comments section was loaded with shitstains who call themselves 'antifa'- most of which claim that Trump supporters are actual nazis, and that it's their moral duty to attack and even kill said 'nazis' at every opportunity.

1. I'm glad I don't live in a coastal city.
2. I am really getting to the point where if DHS decided to drag these communist vipers out of their homes using no-knock warrants and executing them on their front lawns, I would almost support it. Not yet, but I'm getting close.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

I'm sure everyone is well aware that I'm not overly fond of Trump. But trying to use violence to influence politics should be end up with the offender being ventilated. I'm not likely to go to a pro-Trump rally, but if I somehow did, I certainly would be armed.

Come to think of it, how and why would any pro-Trump gathering NOT have security already set up?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 01:33:40 PM »
An interesting post by Scott Adams: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/156540315831/be-careful-what-you-wish-for-especially-if-it-is

TL;DR:  Do want Nazis ??  Because this is how you get Nazis !!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:22:39 PM by scout26 »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »
TL;DR:  Do want Nazi's ??  Because this is how you get Nazi's !!

If a bear is poked until it snaps and mauls one of the pokers, is the bear a nazi, or is did the poker merely get what was coming? :old:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »
TL;DR:  Do want Nazi's ??  Because this is how you get Nazi's !!

What are the Nazis possessing?

Their Naziness?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »
What are the Nazis possessing?

Their Naziness?

Now, Mike. Get with the program. The new Internet rule's of grammar are that every word ending in 's' must have the 's' preceded by an apostrophe. It doesn't matter if the word is a noun or an adjective, singular or plural, possessive or objective. ALL esse's on the Internet must be preceded by an apostrophe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Hopefully someone's already got the logistics worked out to compromise by helping them colonize the sun.  Tons of solar energy, enough clean burning hydrogen to last the rest of their lives, and Trump holds no sway there.
But . . . they'll get badly burned unless they do it at night, won't they?

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
Now, Mike. Get with the program. The new Internet rule's of grammar are that every word ending in 's' must have the 's' preceded by an apostrophe. It doesn't matter if the word is a noun or an adjective, singular or plural, possessive or objective. ALL esse's on the Internet must be preceded by an apostrophe.

Spellchecker got me. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 12:35:37 AM »
Some BLM* folks in Seattle seem eager to get it started:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/

She also says, “White people, give your *expletive deleted*ing money, your *expletive deleted*ing house, your *expletive deleted*ing property, we need it *expletive deleted*ing all,” as another protester responds “reparations!”

What happens when the white people tell her "no thank you"?

I also note that Ms. Potty Mouth claims to be a school teacher.

*not the Bureau of Land Management
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 06:27:53 AM »
"The new Internet rule's of grammar..."

Ah, the "Promotion of Illiteracy" act.

Good to see that you're a practitioner...

:rofl:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »
The mother *expletive deleted*ers sure are brave in their big liberal cities aren't they?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 10:06:15 AM »

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/30/blm-anti-trump-protest-in-seattle-we-need-to-start-killing-people/

Huh. I wonder where she was for the last eight years, re: her demands?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41:42 AM »

At least she is in Seattle and not on our side of the state. Of course our side of the state is lily white for the most part. Too close to Northern Idaho for some people. ;)

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
Huh. I wonder where she was for the last eight years, re: her demands?

Probably expecting Obama to pay her bills:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
Probably expecting Obama to pay her bills:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

"I won't have to work anymore. I won't have to put gas in my car. I won't have to pay my mortgage."

People really believed that stuff. Back in 2008, my wife and I were doing Christmas shopping at a mall. One of the stores was going out of business after the Christmas shopping season was done, so the sales staff all knew they were looking at a mass layoff. We eavesdropped while to young women of color stood behind the checkout counter and discussed the situation (rather than, like, do their jobs and take care of paying customers, like us). One of them said, "I ain't worried about nuffin. Obama gwanna be President, and he gwanna take care of us. We don't got nuffin' to worry about."

Yes, they really believed that Obama was going to wave a magic wand and they would then be able to live debt free and work free, with everything provided to them and no work or other contribution required on their part.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
"I won't have to work anymore. I won't have to put gas in my car. I won't have to pay my mortgage."

People really believed that stuff. Back in 2008, my wife and I were doing Christmas shopping at a mall. One of the stores was going out of business after the Christmas shopping season was done, so the sales staff all knew they were looking at a mass layoff. We eavesdropped while to young women of color stood behind the checkout counter and discussed the situation (rather than, like, do their jobs and take care of paying customers, like us). One of them said, "I ain't worried about nuffin. Obama gwanna be President, and he gwanna take care of us. We don't got nuffin' to worry about."

Yes, they really believed that Obama was going to wave a magic wand and they would then be able to live debt free and work free, with everything provided to them and no work or other contribution required on their part.

I told my story, back about 8 years ago, about the African immigrant guy who told me that juvenile delinquency would go away, as young people had such hope now, or such a good role model, or whatever it was. I wonder what he thought, just a few years later, when Ferguson burned.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife