Author Topic: Snowpocalypse V 4 (or 5 now I can't remember)  (Read 1070 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Snowpocalypse V 4 (or 5 now I can't remember)
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
Portland is getting ready to get slammed with yet another winter storm.   

Current forecast is for a possibility (but low probability) of a big snow event happening Sunday night into Monday.   And then we get upper 40's on Monday and heavy rain.....  So a nice little flood potential to boot.   They're saying the possibility of up to a foot of snow in the Portland Metro area....   This city shuts down from 1/2" of snow....    We pretty much had a snowmaggedon a few weeks ago when we got anywhere from 4 inches in southern metro area to a foot in the northern part of the city/Vancouver WA.   

At least, for once, I'm not working during any part of the forecast snow event.   I plan on plunking my butt down on the couch, maybe an adult beverage or two in hot cocoa, and just watch it come down.   

We've got food, we've got backup heat (not great, but backup heat) if the power goes out, and we have gas fired hot water that doesn't need any electric, so even if we lose power from ridiculous snowfall/accidents/etc. we should be good.   

But when they say snow anymore for this winter, my first reaction is either  [barf] or  [ar15]
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jim147

• friends
Re: Snowpocalypse V 4 (or 5 now I can't remember)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:36:44 PM »
Just wait until the antifa come for there share of what you have.❄️
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »
Given that I'm a good 300 miles north I find it interesting how much less snow we tend to get compared to Portland and on down to Eugene.  You'd think we'd get it worse up here, but the worst snow I've seen in 6 winters so far was 15" and that was gone within a couple days.  This year we got maybe 3" that stuck around for a week, but the roads were never all that bad.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »
Jim, I'll be happy to share with them my supply of base metals, 5.56 mm at a time. Maybe some .30 of an inch too. Whatever they can catch.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
West coast getting snow...meanwhile, on the EC...it was 60 yesterday and will be 70 today....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »
West coast getting snow...meanwhile, on the EC...it was 60 yesterday and will be 70 today....

SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT DAY FOR A 10 HOUR WORKOUT WHILE DREAMING OF THE KEYS!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:47 AM »
During yesterday's snowstorm in the Seattle area, we received 7.5 inches as measured on the hood of the Tacoma at noon, when I left the house to go to work.  This is 40 miles north of Seattle in the Cascade foothills and at 500' elevation.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
SOUNDS LIKE A PERFECT DAY FOR A 10 HOUR WORKOUT WHILE DREAMING OF THE KEYS!

=D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”