Author Topic: did you guys see that video/ pawn shop Georgia shoot out?  (Read 2666 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
did you guys see that video/ pawn shop Georgia shoot out?
« on: February 05, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
it was all over facebook a few weeks ago?
...AH... here it is.  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/09/video-gun-store-owner-shoots-through-counter-kills-robbery-suspect/

The dead guy seemed to think that using to handguns would work in real life as good as it does in the movies.
Mr grey hair here, it looks like he regularly practices , I bet he had a 1911 platform of some sort, he really seems pretty competent.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: did you guys see that video/ pawn shop Georgia shoot out?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
Although the title say he shot through the counter, I don't believe he did.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
https://youtu.be/ISFU5ehObC0
Looks like this one.  This guy does half way decent reviews and doesn't go on at length too much.  He does keep calling it a gun store though.

That youtube guy has a lot of self defense video reviews posted.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »

bob

I was thinking the same. Maybe the dead guy shot a reflex round?

Store owner was one cool customer. Good shoot. Good situational awareness after the first guy went down too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
it was all over facebook a few weeks ago?
...AH... here it is.  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/09/video-gun-store-owner-shoots-through-counter-kills-robbery-suspect/

The dead guy seemed to think that using to handguns would work in real life as good as it does in the movies.
Mr grey hair here, it looks like he regularly practices , I bet he had a 1911 platform of some sort, he really seems pretty competent.

"Yep" to both points.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 06:33:46 PM »
I love a story with a happy ending.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
It looks like he came pretty close to emptying that 1911.

It's a good thing BG 1 dropped like a sack of potatoes. I wish I knew what the shot placement was.

Also, hurray to GG 2 for getting right out of the way. I think I would have just hit the deck.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »
I can no longer view video due to data restrictions imposed by the rv park, but iirc I thought it was the badguy who shot the counter, it was my thinking that he got confused for half a second in trying to cover two people with two guns.
I'm sure we know how difficult it is to pull off a trick like that, looks cool in the movies though.
One thing that surprised me was the impact did knock the bad guy down, he didn;t simply crumple to the floor like I've seen in other video's of shootings.
There was a video of a murderer shooting people with an AK variant and they dropped like a stone, no falling backward.
Why would a pistol round have an effect that a rifle round wouldn't?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 07:59:25 PM »
I can no longer view video due to data restrictions imposed by the rv park, but iirc I thought it was the badguy who shot the counter, it was my thinking that he got confused for half a second in trying to cover two people with two guns.
I'm sure we know how difficult it is to pull off a trick like that, looks cool in the movies though.
One thing that surprised me was the impact did knock the bad guy down, he didn;t simply crumple to the floor like I've seen in other video's of shootings.
There was a video of a murderer shooting people with an AK variant and they dropped like a stone, no falling backward.

Watching Mech's video, the glass was shot after good guy got off his first shot (or two?). It seems like it could have been bad guy who shot the counter, but it could have been goodguy's third or fourth shot too.

Funny, I kinda thought the bad guy went down movie style, almost looking like he was shoved backwards.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »
Dindu #1 never even twitched after he went down. I like that.

Funny, I kinda thought the bad guy went down movie style, almost looking like he was shoved backwards.

Ben, it looked to me like Dindu#1 was trying to lean back to the deck while firing forward, and bought it in the process. Definitely not the rounds pushing him back
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 08:24:18 PM »

bob

I don't think he did, either.

I thought the glass case was shot from the BG coming in from the extreme right, almost behind the pillar.  I guess he would have milked his shots to his left and low if he was holding gangsta style.  That's the way the bullets would go if he was, no?  Yes?

The sack of potatoes guy looked as if  he had been shot in the neck, with the bullet going through to his CNS/spine.  OP's Breitbart video seems to be truncated at the top of the screen, but MechAg's seems to show his head tipping forward as he is shot, then falling down.  Instantaneous loss of motor control as his left hand flopped down and the guns skidded away.

I sure wish they'd had audio going.

White-haired guy sure saved the State a lot of money in terms of trials and appeals and incarceration.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:46:19 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »
I think bad guy #1 was hit in the spine or head, because collapse was instant and he didn't move at all after that.  Either that or a very bad case of OSIBH.  (Oh shucks, I've been hit. Or something like that.)
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

zahc

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 08:45:08 PM »

Momentum  vs. energy? .I know that I have shot things (cans, etc) that flipped back with a handgun, but .223 just punched through like butter without even moving it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
https://youtu.be/ISFU5ehObC0
Looks like this one.

"As the dust clears, you can see that bad guy has taken the room-temperature challenge."

:rofl:
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »

Because the gun was a .45.

:duh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
The bad guy was already backpeddling when he got his strings cut.  His own momentum made it look like the shot moved him back as he fell.
Looked like the good guy either has had a lot of training, or has BTDT, or both.  Very calm and collected about the whole thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »
Looked like the good guy either has had a lot of training, or has BTDT, or both.  Very calm and collected about the whole thing.

right!!
or as the kids say, IKR!
He's pretty cool, like he's been in a few gunfights.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 11:02:34 PM »
The bad guy was already backpeddling when he got his strings cut.  His own momentum made it look like the shot moved him back as he fell.
Looked like the good guy either has had a lot of training, or has BTDT, or both.  Very calm and collected about the whole thing.
Looking at the slower motion in the youtube link, I think dindu#1 started to backpedal once he saw the good guy's gun pointed at him.  I think he actually took a step backward before or as he was shot.  

Also, it almost looks like the good guy's 3rd shot might have gone low and hit the glass.  His muzzle was pointed low after the glass broke and dindu#1 was falling.  Maybe drawing his aim lower?  I think he was firing off a few pretty rapid shots. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »
DRT.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
^
IKR?

Hadda look up IKR.  

LIOM

(Lingo Is Outpacing Me. Gotta look up 73.247% of the acronyms I see.)

Anyhow, GS, NQAT.  Good shoot, no question about that.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 10:18:59 AM »
I don't care for acronyms in general.  They usually expand in use far beyond usefulness and end up inhibiting communication.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »
I don't care for acronyms in general.  They usually expand in use far beyond usefulness and end up inhibiting communication.

tl;dr

Consider using some acronyms to shorten your rambling.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:11 AM »
Sometimes they get out of hand, but TANSTAAFL.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
I'm shocked. Where are the anguished cries from his family that "he was a good boy and was turning his life around," and "That man had no right just to shoot him down like he was a dog."

And let's not forget "How else was he gonna get his money?"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
I'm shocked. Where are the anguished cries from his family that "he was a good boy and was turning his life around," and "That man had no right just to shoot him down like he was a dog."

And let's not forget "How else was he gonna get his money?"

The wonders of video. Rest assured, had there not been a security cam, all you said would have come to pass.