Author Topic: Fly320s, any/much truth to these?  (Read 1387 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Fly320s, any/much truth to these?
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
Fly320s, any/much truth to these "15 Things Airlines Don't Want You To Find Out?"

https://youtu.be/HxK_pMDlA7U

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Fly320s, any/much truth to these?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
Fly320s, any/much truth to these "15 Things Airlines Don't Want You To Find Out?"

https://youtu.be/HxK_pMDlA7U

:old:

Sight unseen, I'm betting it's just as legitimate as "5 tricks Wall Street Doesn't Want You to Know!"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Some of it I am pretty sure is true. I was expecting what you are envisioning myself. Give it a watch. I would love to hear your response please.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »
I'll try to get them all.

15. Pilots are very tired/Pilots fall asleep.  True.  We do fall asleep, not because we are tired, but because the job is boring.  Boring is good.  Exciting is bad in the airline world.  My philosophy is that I would rather have my FO tell me that he needs a NASA nap, so I can make myself more alert, than not tell me and nod off at the same time I am nodding off.  I don't intentionally fall asleep, but it does happen.

14. You can get off a delayed plane.   True.  And duh.  We can't keep you hostage, but sometimes you can't get off right now.  We can't let you off in an unsafe area.

13. Flight attendants aren't just wait staff.  True.  They are there to keep you from hurting others and yourself.  They may even help you out of the plane after a crash.  But, let's be honest, not all flight attendants can be counted to do the right thing n an emergency.  Hell, many can't even be counted on in normal operations.  Do yourself a favor: read the briefing card.  Know where the exits are.  Pay attention, and don't check your brain when you check your bag.

12. Your phone won't crash the plane.  True.  I think we all knew that already.  That is an FAA mandate.  I often forget to turn off my phone.  And the company supplied ipad also has cell service that I forget to turn off.

11. Airlines have to pay for lost luggage.  True.  Duh.  And we also pay to have you late luggage delivered to you.  That is a big business actually.

10. Bring hand sanitizer/planes are dirty  True.  Yeah, that applies to all public places if you believe hand sanitizer works.  As to the pillows and blankets, ours are brand new when you buy them.  We don't reuse them.  Actually, I'm not sure if we still have them.

9. Say no to vouchers  Yeah, we discussed that.  Hold out for cash if you are getting bumped.

8. Tues, Wed, Sat are the cheapest days to fly.  I don't know; I don't set the prices.

7. Non-refundable tickets can be refunded.  Hell if I know.  I just fly the plane.

6. Rescheduled flight = big bucks.  Yeah, more DOT rules.  If you're delayed, look up the rules and collect your cash.

5. Pilots can't eat together or eat the same food.  Bullshit.  Probably a Hollywood myth.  May apply to Euro carriers, I don't know.

4. Don't walk around barefoot.  True.  For the love of yourself, do not go into the lavatory barefoot.  You want to get an exotic disease? Because that is how you get something that makes the doctors at Johns Hopkins say, "What the *expletive deleted*ck is this?"  You think bar bathrooms get nasty, try flying to the Dominican Republic.  Nasty people.

3. Your plane doesn't have much fuel.  Kinda true.  We don't carry fuel we don't need because that added weight affects performance and profits. 

2. Dim the lights for safety.   I guess.  Never heard of this, but it kind of makes sense.

1. Clean your tray tables.  Yes.  Same as all the other health tips. Planes are dirty because people are dirty.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:07:08 PM »
That's pretty good for one of these type things.
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:49:54 PM »
14. You can get off a delayed plane.   True.  And duh.  We can't keep you hostage, but sometimes you can't get off right now.  We can't let you off in an unsafe area.

They let people off in Atlanta and Detroit, so letting folks go ahead and deplane while you're stuck in a holding pattern can't be any worse.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:11 AM »
They let people off in Atlanta and Detroit, so letting folks go ahead and deplane while you're stuck in a holding pattern can't be any worse.

I've made that offer many times.  No one has accepted the offer, yet.  Bunch of ungrateful wretches.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
"12. Your phone won't crash the plane.  True.  I think we all knew that already.  That is an FAA mandate.  I often forget to turn off my phone.  And the company supplied ipad also has cell service that I forget to turn off."

Dilbert's pointy haired boss as the plane is crashing...

F/A "SIR! PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE!"

PHB "NO WAY! HOW ELSE WILL I LAND THIS THING!"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 08:08:33 AM »
"Because that is how you get something that makes the doctors at Johns Hopkins say, "What the *expletive deleted*ck is this?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »
5. Pilots can't eat together or eat the same food.  Bullshit.  Probably a Hollywood myth.  May apply to Euro carriers, I don't know.
As long as they don't both have the fish.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »