Author Topic: Tactical Scenario--What Would You Do?  (Read 3860 times)

Skunkabilly

Tactical Scenario--What Would You Do?
« on: March 05, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »

1. Sink A is the nearest to the door and nearest to urinals F and G.

2. Sink B is nearest to crapper E.

3. Sink C is nearest to crapper D.

Now the question is, which sink, A, B, or C, would you use to brush your teeth at after lunch, and why?

I ruled out Sink A immediately, because each urinal alone sees more use than both crappers combined. Between Sinks B and C, I ruled out C because the larger Crapper D sees more use than Crapper E. Therefore I would use Sink B. Your thoughts?
Ninja...vanish....

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 09:18:10 AM »
Sink A because it is used more it is also cleaned more therefore the "little creatures" (which all 3 have) have less time to grow or evolve into a new mankilling plague. cheesy
Career Corrections

Michigander

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 09:24:55 AM »
I would use C because it is probably used less often.

It could be argued tha it is cleaned less, but I would suppose it is supposed to be wiped down as often as the others.

Plus, C is closer to the towel dispenser that is probably used less often and therefore more likely to actually have towels in it.

Plus, with C being further away from the entrance/exit, if zombies came in, I would have those couple of extra seconds to draw, fire and relaod.
What if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

PlayTheAces

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 09:26:17 AM »
Depends.  

If I was using my carbon fiber toothbrush with the titanium stabbing point, I'd use sink C, back to the wall, in a ninja-like fighting stance.

If I was using my Homer Simpson toothbrush with bubble gum flavored toothpaste, I'd probably opt for urinal F.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 09:29:21 AM »
If you were in Michigan you could have your choice of sinks as we are taught to not urinate or defecate on our hands. Wink
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 09:36:58 AM »
I'd use a urinal to brush my teeth, on the theory that "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" which, tactically, is a Good Idea.  I bet the navy SEALs do that all the time, just to stay tough.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 10:13:23 AM »
You brush after lunch? :?:

What happens, you get olive bits stuck, perhaps a shred of pimento?  

That's what the pointy little sword stirrer is for.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Andrew Wyatt

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 10:19:59 AM »
a. it's less likely to get pissed in when the urinals and stalls are occupied

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 11:27:53 AM »
Sink B. Sink A is too close to the oft used urinals, thus increasing the chance of civilian foot traffic interfering with your mission. Objective C is too far to hump a toothbrush AND toothpaste to. You ain't no Army Ranger or Navy SEAL! Sink B is the best compromise between obj/staging point distance, and target isolation. Now spend your time rehearsing insertion (open that door smoothly! Watch those corners!), infiltration/approach (observe the target, check for hostile use of sink!), action at obj (get that toothpaste on that brush before you even arrive, no more than a minute onsite!), and exfiltration (check for incoming on that bathroom door, you don't want those clean fresh chompers inadvertently whacked because you took your eyes off the prize!).

Good luck out there. We expect after-action reports on brush performance/accuracy, and your opinions of toothpaste takedown power (did the plaque go down and stay down?)...

I can't believe I wrote that...
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

tarrigoni

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 11:37:39 AM »
I think you've finally lost it.

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »
Given the transport of bacteria in the aerosols produced by the flushing of the commodes and urinals, all three sinks are probably equally contaminated.

As for cleaning, the poor Mexican woman who cleans the sinks pushes the same greasy rag over all three sinks, so none is cleaner than the other.

Therefore, Sink A, you're closer to the door in an emergency scenario.

Don't forget to grab a paper towel to open the door with on the way out. Some folks aren't going to use either A, B, or C. Cheesy
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 01:40:12 PM »
I would camp outside in the bushes with a bottle of water from home, dental supplies, and some paper towels.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Happy Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 10:33:36 AM »
Brush 'em at the sink in the coffee room when nobody else is in there.   Tongue

Oh, and Which Toothpaste For MNZBs' teeth? Or for your own before fending off same?  {neener}
WE DON'T WEAR FUR.
(We have it made into Cowboy Hats)

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »
I'm a bit confused, and maybe I don't brush my teeth the same way everybody else does, but I don't think it would make any difference.  The only reason I need a sink is to have a place to spit.  The urinals or commodes would work just as well.  I don't rinse with water, I use listerene, and I brush a tad bit more while rinsing, so my brush comes out clean.  A quick shot of Ozarka will get the remaining listerene out of the bristles if it bothers you that much.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 08:59:54 AM »
Uh, you're spitting in the sink, not licking it. the water coming from the tap is as clean among them as any, and if you squick about touching the faucets, either use a paper towel to hit them or seek professional help.

45r

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 09:18:17 AM »
Skunk-

I have an idea on how you can get over your fear of public restrooms. Bring Latex gloves and lysol wipes. Smiley

:twisted:

45R

Sean Smith

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 12:50:46 PM »
This is easy.

Urine is sterile.  The correct answer is A.  You are using the sink furthest from the major disease vectors (the stalls), and while a pee spritz is gross as all get-out, it is also alot less likely to transmit a disease.

Next best choice is B, because given a choice, guys use the stall furthest from the front door.

Worst choice is C.

nico

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 01:33:14 PM »
WHAT?! no BUOC (back-up oral cleaner)!?  You should always carry a BUOC, such as listerine (the blue stuff is the most tactical) in case your tooth brush  jams or your tooth paste tube has an FTF.  Besides, in such SHTF situations as the one described, it would allow you to maintain cover from the urinal splatter and the knockout gas eminating from the stalls.

gunnkid

• friends
Re: Tactical Scenario--What Would You Do?
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 08:39:31 AM »
I would use the sink nearest the door, because the door is a good backstop for bullets, and also if I see a bad guy coming through the door, I can use that sink to brace myself, then use a Kung Fu kick on the door to take out the bad guy. Also where I work, we replaced the standard bathroom door with a titanium lined door and the door closer is designed to deactivate when a heavy force (like a kick) is rapidly applied to it, so the bad guy is not only taken out by the kick, but by the force of the door and Sir Isaac Newton as well! :)