Author Topic: So much for ...  (Read 4068 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: So much for ...
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »
I agree with youThat is fine with me, it isn't realistic to try and get back to 95% white European descent.

How about just getting back to 95% who speak English and consider the United States of America to be the country to which they pledge allegiance?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »
How about just getting back to 95% who speak English and consider the United States of America to be the country to which they pledge allegiance?

I'm all for English being the only language the government uses for business, English as the official language all the way.

The more the Trump and the nationalist sentiment win the more people will be attracted to true patriotism.

The leftist press, along with the establishment, have rejected nationalist patriotism and have been working overtime trying to redefine the meaning of patriotism to mean believing in universal egalitarianism.

A nation has borders, language and a people who share a distinct culture. Supporting those three things is patriotism.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:15:59 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »
I'm all for English being the only language the government uses for business, English as the official language all the way.

Absolutely. Especially considering what groups get 95% of the language assistance. Outside of very, very small geographic areas that might have, generally local gov non-English documentation available for immigrants like Hmong or whoever, all the "diverse language assistance" is pretty mono-cultured to south of the border.

It's funny how the coastal elite always rave about "immersive learning" for when they want to learn Italian or French or whatever, but somehow immersive learning is a bad idea for Mexicans, and we have to let them do all their business in their native tongue (often to the second and third generation).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
Absolutely. Especially considering what groups get 95% of the language assistance. Outside of very, very small geographic areas that might have, generally local gov non-English documentation available for immigrants like Hmong or whoever, all the "diverse language assistance" is pretty mono-cultured to south of the border.

It's funny how the coastal elite always rave about "immersive learning" for when they want to learn Italian or French or whatever, but somehow immersive learning is a bad idea for Mexicans, and we have to let them do all their business in their native tongue (often to the second and third generation).

My telephone bills are in English and Spanish. When I call many companies in the region, I get a robo-announcement that says "Toca Uno para Espanol, presiona dois  para Portuguese, press three for English." We've had significant sub-populations of Russians, Ukrainians, French-Canadians, Chinese and Japanese around here for far longer than the Hispanics. So what happened to "Нажмите одну для русского языка" or "按两下中文"? In fact, where's "Press foh' fuh Ebonics"? It's clearly discriminatory.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:52:33 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

I don't think US ever was 95%. Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo even forbids in the lands we won from Mexico.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
I don't think US ever was 95%. Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo even forbids in the lands we won from Mexico.

It's fluctuated within 72-90% white historically with the remainder being mostly black according to wiki. Of course whites aren't all of the same tribe.

Looking at things from a pragmatic results orientated angle Trump should be able to peel off even a lot of black voters with a strong nationalistic jobs message. Correction, nationalistic policies that create more jobs.

Talk of what's good for the global economy is merely oligarch subterfuge for exploiting labor differentials and lax environmental standards throughout the world. Open borders immigration is the oligarchs play.

Open borders for you and gated communities for them
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
It's fluctuated within 72-90% white historically with the remainder being mostly black according to wiki. Of course whites aren't all of the same tribe.

Looking at things from a pragmatic results orientated angle Trump should be able to peel off even a lot of black voters with a strong nationalistic jobs message. Correction, nationalistic policies that create more jobs.

Talk of what's good for the global economy is merely oligarch subterfuge for exploiting labor differentials and lax environmental standards throughout the world. Open borders immigration is the oligarchs play.

Open borders for you and gated communities for them

I was referring to speaking English.

Uranus is a gas giant.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
There were a number of times in the history of the United States when German was dang close to, and before the Revolution may have even surpassed, English as far as the number of speakers.

While it's a legend that German was at one time considered for the official language of the United States and was defeated by a single vote, what is true is that in 1795 US laws and official documents were, for the first time, printed in a language alternate to English at the request of Germans living in the United States.

Up until around the Civil War, German was the predominant language in Pennsylvania.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
There were a number of times in the history of the United States when German was dang close to, and before the Revolution may have even surpassed, English as far as the number of speakers.

While it's a legend that German was at one time considered for the official language of the United States and was defeated by a single vote, what is true is that in 1795 US laws and official documents were, for the first time, printed in a language alternate to English at the request of Germans living in the United States.

Up until around the Civil War, German was the predominant language in Pennsylvania.
Similar to that, there were a number of Spanish speakers in Texas as well as in the states conquered from Mexico in 1850 or so. 

I don't have an issue with the "English as the primary language" stuff.  The main thing I don't like is people using language as an excuse to put burdens govt and private parties. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 06:58:55 PM »
Similar to that, there were a number of Spanish speakers in Texas as well as in the states conquered from Mexico in 1850 or so. 

I don't have an issue with the "English as the primary language" stuff.  The main thing I don't like is people using language as an excuse to put burdens govt and private parties. 

Large number in those states, also as I referenced the Treaty above, that is the reason why you won't see English as the official language in those states.

Uranus is a gas giant.