Author Topic: Cheater? Or just unintended consequences?  (Read 2256 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Cheater? Or just unintended consequences?
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/hurst-euless-bedford_news/article134761654.html

Or both?

Female-by-birth, high school student who self-identifies as male has been taking testosterone for gender transition. This person happens to be a wrestler. Texas high school rules classify gender based on birth certificate (what a novel concept!), so he/she/it has to compete as a female, against female opponents -- even though he/she/it has been taking testosterone.

Obviously not fair to the opponents, who were overwhelmed. But ... what is fair? A big part of me supports the notion that if he/she/it has not undergone gender reassignment surgery, he/she/it is still a she and should compete as a she. But not if he/she/it is receiving hormones that give a definite advantage.

???
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Cheater? Or just unintended consequences?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
So she was essentially taking a form of steroids.  But because it was part of this entire political mess and administrators are cowards, she still competes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:16:41 PM »
Perhaps this guy can 'splain it to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRve2V6QS0

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
Haven't the Olympics already come up with a mechanism to deal with these cases?  If so, you could probably do worse than follow that lead.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »
Perhaps this guy can 'splain it to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRve2V6QS0

I couldn't get past the halfway mark in the video -- the guy's bouncing up and down in his chair made me want to reach through the screen and choke the living [bleep] out of him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
I saw a blurb on this the other day, in Texas the steroid use is allowed because it is being administered as part of a medical treatment. Or so they say. She still needs to go pick on guys her own size. ;(

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
I see what you did there.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
So she was essentially taking a form of steroids.  But because it was part of this entire political mess and administrators are cowards, she still competes. 

This right here.  I can't wait till "it" switches to men and gets it's ass kicked on the mat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
ok, I've read the whole thread and now I'm even more confused.
but to mess with this stuff in high school is a real waste of teen angst, in the good old days kids wore black and carried a copy of Catcher In The Rye with them everywhere.   :old:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »
I saw a blurb on this the other day, in Texas the steroid use is allowed because it is being administered as part of a medical treatment. Or so they say. She still needs to go pick on guys her own size. ;(

bob
I identify as swole. Can I also get testosterone to ensure that my body matches my bodily identity?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »
ok, I've read the whole thread and now I'm even more confused.
but to mess with this stuff in high school is a real waste of teen angst, in the good old days kids wore black and carried a copy of Catcher In The Rye with them everywhere.   :old:
At one time, it was considered almost normal to be a bit confused as a teenager.  Now days they let the confusion rule such that it will affect them their entire life.  It makes little sense to me for kids to do this at that age.  Even 18 is too early. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
Tucker Carlson Destroys Liberal On Transgender Bathroom And Pick Your Own Gender Issues Fox News :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRve2V6QS0
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »

Still looks like a girl to me in this picture, maybe a confused girl but still a girl. Maybe she just needs a Subaru and comfortable shoes.

Yes, I have a front row seat on the bus.  >:D   ;)

bob

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »
But ... what is fair?

Salesman here at work put it perfectly the other day.  Fair is an event/place you attend.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »

Still looks like a girl to me in this picture, maybe a confused girl but still a girl. Maybe she just needs a Subaru and comfortable shoes.

Yes, I have a front row seat on the bus.  >:D   ;)

bob

That would be because she's a girl taking testosterone. Think East German Olympic team.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
I'm actually getting confused by all of these stories, as in, "is it a real boy who thinks he's a girl who wants to be on the girl's team, or a real girl who thinks she's a boy who wants to be on the girl's team, or a real boy who thinks he's a girl who wants to be on the boy's team, or a real girl who thinks she's a goy who wants to be on the girl's team".

Maybe they should just say screw it and have teams made up of all sexes. Or would that be offensive to hermaphrodites and eunuchs? 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »
or a real girl who thinks she's a goy

Let's not bring religion into it.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

shellyd

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:00 AM »
She is cheating.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Cheater? Or just unintended consequences?
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »
I'm actually getting confused by all of these stories, as in, "is it a real boy who thinks he's a girl who wants to be on the girl's team, or a real girl who thinks she's a boy who wants to be on the girl's team, or a real boy who thinks he's a girl who wants to be on the boy's team, or a real girl who thinks she's a goy who wants to be on the girl's team".

Maybe they should just say screw it and have teams made up of all sexes. Or would that be offensive to hermaphrodites and eunuchs? 
That's why I always try to translate from Newspeak into English when commenting.

Trans-boy means she is a girl. They specifically avoid using her actual sex.

Once you understand the purpose,  it's easier to decode.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
That's why I always try to translate from Newspeak into English when commenting.

Trans-boy means she is a girl. They specifically avoid using her actual sex.

Once you understand the purpose,  it's easier to decode.

The purpose has nothing to do with the sex of these people, or their chosen sex. It has to do with dividing the country into groups that can be played against each other for political gain.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 02:43:55 PM »
The purpose has nothing to do with the sex of these people, or their chosen sex. It has to do with dividing the country into groups that can be played against each other for political gain.

Quite so. Part of that is identity/grievance politics. The other part is wrecking the family, to encourage poverty and dependence. It keeps us more connected to government than to each other.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 03:00:03 PM »

Quite so. Part of that is identity/grievance politics. The other part is wrecking the family, to encourage poverty and dependence. It keeps us more connected to government than to each other.

Interesting that in the Soviet Union, the leftist took tyrannical power and used it to crush the family and all other mitigating agents between the individual and the state.

In the U.S. they seem determined to crush the family and mitigating agents in pursuit of tyrannical power.

I wonder if this is due to the greater strength of American civil society or to the tendency of the eastern civilizations towards despots? (I realize this is not an either/or question and there are more possible answers than those two, in addition to "both" being a possible answer.)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:03 PM »
Interesting that in the Soviet Union, the leftist took tyrannical power and used it to crush the family and all other mitigating agents between the individual and the state.

In the U.S. they seem determined to crush the family and mitigating agents in pursuit of tyrannical power.

I wonder if this is due to the greater strength of American civil society or to the tendency of the eastern civilizations towards despots? (I realize this is not an either/or question and there are more possible answers than those two, in addition to "both" being a possible answer.)

The Russians/Soviets seem to historically have been incapable of a representative democracy. They've been ruled by monarchs, tyrants, or a combination. They already had the tyranny, but had to break the family. Here, the family has to be broken first in order to pave the way to total dependency on government, and then the tyranny that can follow.