Author Topic: Game Over Man - Game Over  (Read 1092 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Game Over Man - Game Over
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »
That, and the Hatfields and the McCoys were his favorite roles to me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:57 PM »
Damn.  He was one of my favorite actors.  I really liked him in Hatfields and McCoys.

61 too. 

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
Damn.  He was one of my favorite actors.  I really liked him in Hatfields and McCoys.

61 too. 

Chris

The age always hits me too. Even though we always hear about life expectancy running into the 90's, you still have people dropping dead of "aging" stuff at much younger ages, and they are often close to my own age. It definitely always gets me thinking about what is and is not important in life, with Mr Death not all that far behind and starting to walk at a faster pace than me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
 =( Well, that one sucks.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »
He was in a lot of was the consummate character actor, a guy who could, almost without effort, steal the limelight from the stars and make the movie his own.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »
The age always hits me too. Even though we always hear about life expectancy running into the 90's, you still have people dropping dead of "aging" stuff at much younger ages, and they are often close to my own age. It definitely always gets me thinking about what is and is not important in life, with Mr Death not all that far behind and starting to walk at a faster pace than me.
Just averages.  You think about all the times in your life or those around you when antibiotics or other medical help kept you from dying early.  At least once for me.  I am sure I am forgetting more.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 07:12:34 PM »
Bill Paxton was a memorable character in a whole lot of movies.  He almost never had top billing, but always played good characters.  His character in Aliens is one of the first I remember.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/
I had to look up his movie list from IMDB.
I had completely forgotten about the car salesman in True Lies.  Apollo 13 and Tombstone were two of the major pictures I remember where he was one of the main characters.  It says he was in Stripes and Terminator.  I will have to look for him next time I see those movies. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

markdido

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
He was also Chet in Weird Science.
Liberals believe that a woman, found raped and strangled with her own pantyhose is morally superior to a women with a dead rapist at her feet and a gun in her hands.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
Bill Paxton was a memorable character in a whole lot of movies.  He almost never had top billing, but always played good characters.  His character in Aliens is one of the first I remember.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/
I had to look up his movie list from IMDB.
I had completely forgotten about the car salesman in True Lies.  Apollo 13 and Tombstone were two of the major pictures I remember where he was one of the main characters.  It says he was in Stripes and Terminator.  I will have to look for him next time I see those movies. 

I remember him in True Lies. I had no idea he was in Terminator. I had to go and look. He was the punk leader in the "Give me your clothes" scene. I don't recall recognizing him at all in that scene.