Author Topic: Bee Ranching  (Read 792 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Bee Ranching
« on: March 19, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »
My one remaining hive that successfully overwintered is going great guns.  Lots of Drone brood around the edges and a very nice solid brood pattern in the main brood nest. This queen is doing a good job and since she is less than a year old I expect at least this season and next out of her.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Bee Ranching
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »
How do you brand them to ensure you know which bees are yours? ??? ???

:lol: :laugh:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »
How do you brand them to ensure you know which bees are yours? ??? ???

:lol: :laugh:

This is 'Mericuh!! We got free range bees over here.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:01:30 PM »
My momma used to tell me, "don't brand the bees, brand the buyer - he's the one likely to stray."
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »
Cut some over powder and over shot wads out of a grocery store meat tray.add a few grains pistol powder OPC then walnut hulls to almost top and OSC then roll crimp. If they get out of hand that will line them out.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:29:35 AM »
Well, didn't they paint-dot the bees to correlate an individual bee's dance with the location of the nectar?  Something like that percolates around in my brain.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 06:06:45 AM »
It's common for the queen to be marked with a dot of paint, makes her easier to find .

Samuel Adams