Author Topic: No posts about the Gorsuch hearings kicking off today?  (Read 6638 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: No posts about the Gorsuch hearings kicking off today?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »
I just got an e-mail back from Sen. Gardner:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. I appreciate you taking the time to write. It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate and I hope you will continue to write with your thoughts and ideas on moving our country forward.

On April 7, 2017, with my support, the Senate voted to confirm Judge Gorsuch as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Gorsuch, a fourth-generation Coloradan and Boulder resident, previously served on the Tenth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver.

Colorado’s Neil Gorsuch is an exceptional choice to serve on the Supreme Court, and I was honored to cast my vote for him. Throughout the confirmation process, I urged my colleagues to support this supremely qualified, mainstream jurist who will serve our country well. Neil Gorsuch has a deep understanding of Western issues and future generations of Coloradans will benefit from his service to our country. Both Democrats and Republicans in Colorado who know Gorsuch best supported his confirmation to the Court. They have praised Gorsuch as one of the brightest legal minds in the country and have seen the thoughtful approach he took while serving on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. It is a proud day for Colorado and the United States has much to look forward to with Neil Gorsuch serving on the Supreme Court.

Again, thank you for contacting me, and do not hesitate to do so again when an issue is important to you.

But it's  only 12:50 PM MST.

So Gorsuch is in... so early in the day?

Did they make their plane departures?

Will Sonny finally marry Jane even though he's not the father?  Does Jane know that Sonny knows he's not the father?

At some point I'll thank Senator Gardner, but mention I don't think we should "move forward" any closer to the cliff.  I liked the term "mainstream jurist."

Terry

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:19:34 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2017, 06:28:29 PM »

Takei is getting old..or perhaps has swallowed too much Romulan Ale. [popcorn].

"Romulan Ale"? Is that what the cool gay kids are calling it now?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »
"Romulan Ale"? Is that what the cool gay kids are calling it now?

A reference from "STAR TREK II ;  THE WRATH OF KHAN."   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
One more note on Justice Gorsuch, because it's some pretty tasty snark.

This anti-constitutional and anti-law approach to the judiciary is often dressed up as a defending the weak (such as Planned Parenthood) and standing up to powerful oppressors (such as the Little Sisters of the Poor).

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2017/04/we-should-all-be-grateful-for-gorsuch

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife