Author Topic: How to open my locked Safe?  (Read 2109 times)

marvo71

How to open my locked Safe?
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »
Hello everyone, i noticed a thread a while ago about someone who could not get in there safe, I have the same one, a Pheonix Centurion 1200. I have my keys but cannot remember my code? arrrrgghhh!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: How to open my locked Safe?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:09:48 PM »
Have you tried calling the factory? I don't know if you have a serial number visible, or if they would accept your word that it's yours. Otherwise it's time for a locksmith.

If you've had your safe for some time, just leave it alone for awhile. The combination may come back to you. That happened to me last year.

marvo71

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
Chees, thank you, i just didnt know if there was a generic code or something, not really into safes, i was recomended to get it.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »
Det cord

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »
Hello everyone, i noticed a thread a while ago about someone who could not get in there safe, I have the same one, a Pheonix Centurion 1200. I have my keys but cannot remember my code? arrrrgghhh!

You can impression or pick to get the key, but the combo is a bit harder. Locksmith is most likely to just drill.

I'd give it a couple weeks unless you need quick access. See if you remember the combo. If you do, put a copy in a safety deposit box. Otherwise, locksmith unfortunately is your best bet.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 01:32:19 AM »
Know any Russians?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »
So you CAN get in the safe using the keys?

Well if you can get in the safe, but you can't remember your code, it should be fairly simple for a factory-authorized locksmith to reset the dial code to whatever you want it to be.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »
My pistol safe uses a combo and a 4 bladed key. You MUST use BOTH to gain access. His may be the same way.

On mine, an old Sentry Steal-Safe V330m I bought years back, the combination is a bit strange as well. I wrote an obfuscated copy of it on the edge of the Rifle cabinet door (Homak double Coke Key locking 8 Gun Security Cabinet) just in case I forget the numbers. The Homak unit is "Ok" but even bolted to the wall can be defeated by a pry bar. I mount mine in a small closet in the narrow side where getting a good pry would be VERY difficult. The pistol safe is bolted to the top of the Homak and that sucker weighs a TON and would be VERY difficult to open I would imagine.

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
"My pistol safe uses a combo and a 4 bladed key. You MUST use BOTH to gain access. His may be the same way."

Oops.

I have the combinations for both of my gun safes in places where I'll know exactly what they are, but which are not at all apparent as to what they are.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 01:09:36 PM »
Det cord

WHEW. So glad someone already provided the proper answer.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 01:16:21 PM »
I have the combinations for both of my gun safes in places where I'll know exactly what they are, but which are not at all apparent as to what they are.

That's how mine is stored. To see it in the places I have it, you wouldn't know what it is or how to decode it and trust me, this safe is PICKY as all get-out about exactly how the combination is entered even when you know it! I have sat there for long periods of time trying to get it in right when I HAVE IT IN MY HAND! Oh, this dial has 2 "stop lines," goes from 0 to 99 and you have to get the dial dead on the numbers for it to work. It is NOT a quick access type unit but it IS pretty dang secure!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
Both my American Security Products and my Ft. Knox are picky, but not quite that picky.

There's probably a number's worth of slop on either side leeway for each number...

22 17 19

would be

21-23 16-18 18-19

or thereabouts.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 02:45:18 PM »

^^^^^This.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

marvo71

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
Well thank you to every one!!!!!! Guess what.....it opened!!!!!!! I put the key in and gave it a wiggle, played with the dial and then i noticed that the door opened by about 2mm, so i got a thick screwdriver and prised the door open, the bars were not all the way into the safe itself!!!!!

But now i have another problem, how do i change the code to one i rememebr now?

Once again, i thank you to everyone who helped me. =)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
MOLON LABE!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 12:27:03 PM »
Well thank you to every one!!!!!! Guess what.....it opened!!!!!!! I put the key in and gave it a wiggle, played with the dial and then i noticed that the door opened by about 2mm, so i got a thick screwdriver and prised the door open, the bars were not all the way into the safe itself!!!!!

But now i have another problem, how do i change the code to one i rememebr now?

Once again, i thank you to everyone who helped me. =)

Was the door being faulty? That the bars weren't retracting as they should? If so and if the door is removeable, take it off and take it to a safe company for servicing. Lot of smaller safes are, including my smaller one that I use for documents. Makes it easy to service. Just repainted mine. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.