Author Topic: Shooting at San Bernardino, CA elementary school  (Read 3899 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Shooting at San Bernardino, CA elementary school
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
Ah *expletive deleted*it.  And tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Virginia Tech.

Lefties are going to go full monkey circus.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
Ah *expletive deleted*it.  And tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Virginia Tech.

Lefties are going to go full monkey circus.

Ayep...fling *expletive deleted*it all over the place.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
Initial reports say it is a "simple" murder-suicide event.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

erictank

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
Now reporting two students shot and in critical condition at local hospital, in addition to adult victim and perpetrator both deceased.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
From the reporting so far, my impression is domestic dispute turned into murder.

The scumbag likely wanted to go out with a big impression, so went to her work to kill her.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
From the reporting so far, my impression is domestic dispute turned into murder.

The scumbag likely wanted to go out with a big impression, so went to her work to kill her.

Well, she has to take him seriously now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
San Bernardino Redux
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »
Here we go again:

http://ktla.com/2017/04/10/multiple-gunshot-victims-at-elementary-school-in-san-bernardino-amid-report-of-active-shooter-officials-say/

Man gets admitted to elementary school, where his wife was a teacher. Man goes to wife's classroom, kills her (wounding two students -- one fatally -- in the process), then kills himself. Reaction from the aw-thaw-rih-tays is predictable:

Before going to the classroom, the shooter had his ID and checked in to the school’s front office, which is the only point of entrance to the campus while classes are in session, school district Superintendent Dale Marsden said.

The elementary school does not have uniformed police officers or campus security, unlike the district’s middle and high schools, according to Garcia.

“Our middle schools have campus security and all of our high schools have uniformed police officers,” she said.

How very helpful.

Garcia explained that the district re-examined its security measures after the Dec. 2, 2015, terror attack that left 14 dead at the Inland Regional Center, which is about 7 miles south of North Park. All district principals have had lockdown training and know “exactly what to do” if there’s an active shooter report, she said.

“Especially after Dec. 2 we actually took a closer look at all of our campuses and what we can do to increase student security and campus safety. The majority of our principals have participated in lockdown training … They know exactly what to do and what they need to do to keep students safe,” Garcia said.

If the administration knows what to do to keep students safe, why is there one dead student and another in the hospital? Possibly that re-examination of security measures needs to be re-re-examined ... 'cause it didn't work very well.

And make up your mind -- have "all" the principals had lockdown training, or only a majority? And what would locking down this school have accomplished, anyway, given that the teacher was dead, two students wounded, and the killer had offed himself before the lockdown alarm could have been given anyway?

Following the shooting call, police arrived on scene within four minutes of getting the call.

Further proof (not that we needed any) that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
Re: San Bernardino Redux
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
In this case, nothing less than prison-level security would have prevented the shooting.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 08:45:57 PM »
Or a simple metal detector and security officer at the entrance.

What's the point of only putting real security at the high schools and middle schools? Don't the morons in San Bernardino remember that Sandy Hook was an elementary school?

Sherlock Holmes: "It's elementary, Watson."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:11:02 PM by Hawkmoon »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
It's Bush's Trump's fault.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
I'm already reading it's the NRA's fault because they want to put guns in schools.

While I don't think a gun in the school would have helped with this deranged nut unless he was stopped at the door, a good guy with a gun did not cause this.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »
Was the teacher having an affair with a student or something?  ....oh wait.....this wasn't in Texas. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
A post on what appeared to be Karen Smith's Facebook page invited friends to the couple's wedding in January. The following month, Anderson posted a 12-second video in which he said Smith was "making me really happy" and "knows when to ignore me."

I guess the honeymoon is over.

More proof that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.  :police:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
So he was probably not legal to possess firearms, and he didn't believe black lives matter. BLAME THE NRA!!!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 06:52:14 AM »
The entire incident is fake news. EVERYONE knows that elementary schools are gun-free zones, therefore it's simply impossible that someone could have walked into a school and shot a teacher, with accompanying collateral damage to two students.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 07:13:05 AM »
The entire incident is fake news. EVERYONE knows that elementary schools are gun-free zones, therefore it's simply impossible that someone could have walked into a school and shot a teacher, with accompanying collateral damage to two students.

Throughout the incident, the school identified as gun-free.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »
This morning news report from WTOP said that one of the children has died.

Why can't these pricks ever just eat a bullet by themselves, at home!

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 09:19:51 AM »
We need to teach the how to suicide-murder properly.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
If they had any balls murder-suicides would only be suicides.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »
Was the teacher having an affair with a student or something?  ....oh wait.....this wasn't in Texas. 

8 and 9 year old special ed kids, if I remember right.  So, unlikly (on the remote chance this is a serious question).
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
8 and 9 year old special ed kids, if I remember right.  So, unlikly (on the remote chance this is a serious question).
I guess that was a in poor taste since this was an elementary school.  There have been a handful of incidents at Texas high schools in recent years. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 12:07:24 PM »
So do they restrict entry into the school?  Did the guy have to check in with anyone before entering?  Lock downs might work if you can reasonably expect to keep the potential attacker out.  If the attacker is already inside, I am not sure how well that works. 

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 12:11:35 PM »
Merged topics.