Author Topic: J. Geils has died  (Read 579 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

wmenorr67

• friend
J. Geils Has Passed
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: J. Geils has died
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:00:41 AM »
Dupes merged.

Coincidentally, I just last weekend pulled some of my old vinyl out of the storeroom, including J Geils.

The Fox News story on it talked about how they bridged the gap between disco and new wave. I can only suppose that stupid statement was the result of the AP contributing to the story. Don't know how you can mix this up with disco:

https://www.amazon.com/J-Geils-Band/dp/B001OGLPGM/ref=sr_1_8?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1492005567&sr=1-8&keywords=j+geils+band&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin%3A625150011
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: J. Geils has died
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
Dupes merged.

Coincidentally, I just last weekend pulled some of my old vinyl out of the storeroom, including J Geils.

The Fox News story on it talked about how they bridged the gap between disco and new wave. I can only suppose that stupid statement was the result of the AP contributing to the story. Don't know how you can mix this up with disco:

https://www.amazon.com/J-Geils-Band/dp/B001OGLPGM/ref=sr_1_8?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1492005567&sr=1-8&keywords=j+geils+band&refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin%3A625150011

LOL, yeah ...  I heard that on the radio.
I guess to people who think a revolver is "fully automatic"  classic pop rock is new wave disco
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."