Author Topic: The Return Of "Tort Boy"  (Read 1634 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
The Return Of "Tort Boy"
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/ap_on_el_pr/edwards2008

Edwards making a run for president.  The only good news is I doubt he chance in heck of getting nominated, much less elected.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: The Return Of "Tort Boy"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »
I hope he does get the nomination.  He'd be easy to beat in the general election.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »
Yep, Senators don't get elected very much in this country. Its nice to know because it keeps the nuts from reaching the highest office in the country.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »
Is anyone else just baffled as to why he or Kerry or Gore would even try to run again? 

Now Kucinich, I understand.  He just wants to be the passed over genius one more time.  It's good for his resume as a wing nut.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »
Is anyone else just baffled as to why he or Kerry or Gore would even try to run again? 

Now Kucinich, I understand.  He just wants to be the passed over genius one more time.  It's good for his resume as a wing nut.

I think with those three its an ego thing, short of being beaten with a 2x4 they will continue to think that they might have a chance. It is what happends when you are surrounded by yes men.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 01:01:18 PM »
The big question is, will LIEBERMAN run again? I'll be laughing oh so hard if he does.  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
Word association time

Question--What to you think of when I say "John Edwards"?

Answer--Cotton Candy and hair spray
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Lee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
"Now Kucinich, I understand.  He just wants to be the passed over genius one more time.  It's good for his resume as a wing nut."

Watch out now...the way things have been going around here, he may turn out to be Ohio's best and brightest lol.

Preacherman

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 04:03:51 PM »
The big question is, will LIEBERMAN run again? I'll be laughing oh so hard if he does.

If Lieberman runs, and McCain is his opponent, I'm voting for Lieberman!  angry
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 05:12:08 PM »
If Lieberman runs, and McCain is his opponent, I'm voting for Lieberman!

Me too, if only to see him give payback to the democRATs for deserting him.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
No kidding.  Given the currnt crop of Republican would-be's, Lieberman might actually be the best candidate.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
If Lieberman runs, and <Clinton,Giuliani,Obama> is his opponent, I'm voting for Lieberman!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 09:11:50 AM »
I am channeling an unborn baby right now and the baby is telling us all to vote against John "I got rich from fraudulent litigation" Edwards.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:33:06 AM »
I saw some polls on the idiot box that said that in a few key states, Edwards was the only double-digit candidate for a Democrap primary, beating out Dear Leader Clinton and Obama Barack.  My impression of Edwards is that he's less-radical than either of the other two.  Besides being an ambulance chaser, am I otherwise mistaken?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »
I am channeling an unborn baby right now and the baby is telling us all to vote against John "I got rich from fraudulent litigation" Edwards.

That is beautiful. 

Edwards was a trial lawyer, and actually pretended to make some cry for help on behalf of some unborn kid in his closing statement. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »

That is beautiful. 

Edwards was a trial lawyer, and actually pretended to make some cry for help on behalf of some unborn kid in his closing statement. 

And that was just the most egregious thing he did.  I remember during the election the talking point was that because he knew the plaintiff's bar, he was eminently qualified to push tort reform.  That didnt even pass the laugh test with me.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »
The Left hates unborn life, unless they get to make a yacht off of them.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 04:33:35 PM »
Aside from the plea of the unborn young-un, his best line was "Chris Reeve would be out of his wheelchair, and a-walkin' around agee-in, when we go forward and accept John Kerry into our hearts."  Or whatever he said. 

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
Early in Bush's term he made a lot of noise about tort reform.  He seems to be sidetracked but his threat was credible enough for trial lawyers to make sure they had a pile of chips at the poker table.  Edwards is a creature of Trial Lawyers, Inc.  His campaign funding was HEAVILY tilted toward trial lawyers.  I'll go back and look but IIRC the figures were stunning.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 05:50:41 PM »
I remember Al Gore preaching tort reform before he and Clinton were elected.  He was using it as a means of reducing health costs.  Everything he said made sense.  As an example, he sited an instance of one of his children going into emergency care because he inhaled a feather.  The first thing that was done in care was X-rays, even though the feather would not show up.  Why ?  Because the care had to do it for legal defensive reasons:  if they didn't do it, and something went wrong, they might get sued for not taking the X-rays, even though they were meaningless for the situation.

I didn't hear anything about tort reform after the election.