Author Topic: Budget Deal  (Read 4393 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Budget Deal
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 11:43:16 AM »
we have term limits.

they're called elections

THe American people are responsible for this. They nominated two of the worst shitheads possible, then elected one.

And people are surprised.

Let's see. No Hillary in jail. No wall. No Obamacare repeal. No balancing of the budget or anything close to it. "rethinking" his stance on various promises. Turning from his anti-interventionist platform.

We passed an Amendment to the Constitution to term limit the President of the U.S. to two terms after FDR , was anyone protesting that saying "elections ARE term limits??"  I don't know, but it seems to me the same principle that applied there should apply to kongresskritters as well.    
I don't have a big dog in this fight but if the  majority of the people want it,  I'm fine with it.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 11:55:59 AM »
We passed an Amendment to the Constitution to term limit the President of the U.S. to two terms after FDR , was anyone protesting that saying "elections ARE term limits??"  I don't know, but it seems to me the same principle that applied there should apply to kongresskritters as well.    
I don't have a big dog in this fight but if the  majority of the people want it,  I'm fine with it.

My point is it doesn't address the underlying issue of the majority of Americans being stupid. Republican and democrat alike
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 12:08:37 PM »
My point is it doesn't address the underlying issue of the majority of Americans being stupid. Republican and democrat alike

Oh ... well,  then I'm sorry but there's nothing in this universe that will solve THAT problem. >:D :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
Oh ... well,  then I'm sorry but there's nothing in this universe that will solve THAT problem. >:D :facepalm:

The universe contains the Sweet Meteor of Death, right?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »
The universe contains the Sweet Meteor of Death, right?

Well.....I was thinking of something perhaps a bit less ...... drastic........

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 12:35:57 AM »
RKL is always pineing for a plague...

Me ??  I would be happy with large, flying, predators....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »
Where did we end up with the whole "Autoclave the Planet" plan?  I thought that had potential.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
Where did we end up with the whole "Autoclave the Planet" plan?  I thought that had potential.

Well, it's a two-key system. Rev has one key, but Birdman hasn't been around lately. Is that good or bad re: destruction? They never did setup a warning system for APS so we can get off the planet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:55 AM »
Here's a question for APS members:

Unless you were on vacation and found a national park gate closed or the doors to the Smithsonian locked, would you have even been AWARE of the previous "government shutdowns" without news reports?

How much legitimate control does a President have over a shutdown?  i.e. can he use EOs to force departments to use what funds they have in specific ways, to, say, eliminate guided tours of sites while leaving the gates open and LE rangers on duty for self-guided activities?

Seems FedGov took the budget cut playbook from cities previously; first hit are highly visible, important things, while the mayor's personal hairdresser and travel budget are untouchable.  If he could force some fat trimming, then say "look; none of you give a tenth of a damn that the assistant to the assistant secretary to the assistant director of ____ no longer has a tricked out Gulfstream permanently reserved for his use, a liquor budget and five assistants, so how about telling your Congress members to cut that out of their budget permanently," that would be a pretty good rabbit up his sleeve.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 11:43:23 AM »
We were trying the whole global warming plan to do that, but it appears the research was biased by hopeful types and it is not going to happen. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
Well, it's a two-key system. Rev has one key, but Birdman hasn't been around lately. Is that good or bad re: destruction? They never did setup a warning system for APS so we can get off the planet.

So your premise is that the plan is stymied because Revdisk doesn't have ......... a key?

Not sure I'd stake the future of humanity on that.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
So your premise is that the plan is stymied because Revdisk doesn't have ......... a key?

Not sure I'd stake the future of humanity on that.

Yeah, okay. We're screwed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."