Author Topic: 15,000 Feet on a Paramotor  (Read 1832 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: 15,000 Feet on a Paramotor
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 07:39:41 AM »
It sounded like he was in PA. I was just curious on if that type of aircraft would have any special regs in the vicinity of class c or even d or higher. Just because it's an unexpected type at that altitude and appears to be a little unmaneuverable for collision avoidance.

Two way radio is required for D and C.  Operating transponder is required or prior coordination with ATC for B and possibly C but I'm not 100% on C airspace, I've never worked it.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 02:16:32 PM »
Re: O2 requirements.  I'm not worried about the guy passing out, I'm worried about him violating FARs and putting the evidence on You Tube.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 03:15:10 PM »
I wonder, would somebody acclimated to 6k feet or so (colorado springs), notice as much?

Probably not. While I was in the summit shop on Pike's Peak, a bunch of young men came in wearing blue track suits. I asked who they were, and I was informed that they were cadets at the Air Force Academy. Apparently there is (or was) a group training to be Ranger officers who run up the cog railway route for conditioning!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design