Author Topic: Comey fired  (Read 8626 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Comey fired
« on: May 09, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »
Trump fired him.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Comey fired
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »
About time.

Lefties won't know what to do.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »
I guess that means he's the hero of the dem party again instead of their villain.

One bone of contention: At least in the headlines, it's appearing his "misstatement" regarding the number of emails Huma transferred to the weinermobile was "the last straw" leading to his firing. He didn't completely misstate.

I'm not sure about the "hundreds of thousands" (versus just thousands), but it wasn't "just two". It doesn't matter if she "manually transferred" them or if they got there via an automated backup. Either method is against the law. It's the two emails plus whatever classified docs were in the backup volume.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:38:04 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Let's see.

1)  Mishandling the Clinton Investigation.

2)  Lying about the FISA court and the Trump Campaign.

3)  Mishandling the Weiner case.

Three strikes and out.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:25 PM »
I been trolling...

#1 reason why he was fired

He must be getting close to exposing Trumps Russian Connection.

I'm surprised it took so long. The FBI was closing in on Russian bought Trump and his cronies, so the logical thing to do is to fire the person investigating him. Congratulations Trumptards, The Russians now have complete control of our government. What's it like selling out your country?

:facepalm:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
About time.
Agreed.  I was starting to wonder if he had to get the approval of Congress to do it or something.  I was surprised he waited. 

I guess it has only been a few months and it does take time for him and his people to get situated. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
So much for Comey being the most powerful person in Washington since J. Edgar Hoover.

I won't miss him. Not after the way he booted the investigation of Hillary's intentional mishandling of classified documents.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:23:29 AM by Amy Schumer »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 08:36:54 PM »
Let's see.

1)  Mishandling the Clinton Investigation.

2)  Lying about the FISA court and the Trump Campaign.

3)  Mishandling the Weiner case.

Three strikes and out.

How about naked favoritism toward the obviously felonious Hillary Clinton?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
I been trolling...

#1 reason why he was fired

He must be getting close to exposing Trumps Russian Connection.

I'm surprised it took so long. The FBI was closing in on Russian bought Trump and his cronies, so the logical thing to do is to fire the person investigating him. Congratulations Trumptards, The Russians now have complete control of our government. What's it like selling out your country?

:facepalm:

Oh, my.  That must be scout's extra special facebook friend.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »

That is probably insulting to weasels.  

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  It is what separates us from the animals.................except the weasel."
https://youtu.be/UCMXmAX18XA
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »

The typical Republicans are angry at his handling of Clinton.
The typical Democrats are angry that "Russia owns US government now!"

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »
Well this will keep the Russia investigation as the top headline for awhile. [popcorn]
I wonder how popular Comey was within the FBI? I wouldn't be surprised to see more leaks now if he had many supporters.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 09:31:48 AM »
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

If I hadn't seen his pathetic performance during the Clinton press conference I wouldn't have believed it.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
I would have fired him on the first day for the Clinton "investigation."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 10:02:54 AM »
Isn't it interesting how in November the Dems were calling for his head because he "cost Hillary her coronation."

Now the Dems are screeching bloody murder because Trump got rid of the one person who was going to prove that he personally plotted with the Russians to stop Hillary's coronation.

*expletive deleted*ers don't know what to think of the man.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31:11 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/fbi-james-comey-fired-letter/index.html

Letter sent to Comey as well as the letters sent to Trump w/ the recommendation he is fired.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »
My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia. The second paragraph of this letter is bizarre.

I think that second paragraph is just Trump trolling, as always.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »

I'm trying to remember all of the parties that Comey has been a lackey for.

He was a Clinton lackey when he refused to recommend charges for Clinton regarding her clear mishandling of classified material.
He was a Trump lackey when he rushed the investigation to release findings right before the election.
He was a Democrat lackey for not being forward about FISA wiretapping of Trump or his associates.
He was a Democrat lackey when he continued investigation of Russian involvement in the elections.

I know I'm missing some other Narrative flips. What were the other accusations of him being a Trump or Republican lackey? The timing of the announcement re the elections was the one everyone remembers.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »
I'm trying to remember all of the parties that Comey has been a lackey for.

This is one of the most cut and dried "pure politics" shows that I have seen in a while. Dems who wanted his head are now crying about injustice. Had Hillary won and fired him (and I have no doubt she would have fired him) the Rs would be the ones now outraged about the firing of their new buddy.

I'm more and more falling into the "just pick 535 people out of the phone book (if we still had phone books) every five years and be done with it" camp.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
Maybe I should send an email or tweet to 45 offering my services to replace Comey.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 04:28:49 PM »
I would have fired him on the first day for the Clinton "investigation."

The Wall Street Journal agrees with you.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comeys-deserved-dismissal-1494380259
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 04:30:17 PM »
So I've been seeing a lot of complaints about Comey stepping outside his authority in not recommending charges
Sanders said Comey’s testimony showed that he had committed "atrocities in circumventing the chain of command” at the Department of Justice and said he had thrown a “stick of dynamite” by going around then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch in calling a press conference in July 2016 to announce his recommendation not to press charges against Clinton.

But didn't Lynch ask him to do exactly that? She punted to him.
Attorney General Loretta Lynch says she will accept whatever recommendations FBI investigators and career prosecutors make about the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server.

His decision to NOT recommend prosecution, while it was the wrong decision, it seems like Lynch gave it to him to make. He was on the hook, and at that point unless he said to charge her it wasn't going to happen. Is it just that he called a press conference and talked way too much about how guilty Clinton was?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
Does anyone actually think that Lynch would have actually charged Clinton?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »
I'm more and more falling into the "just pick 535 people out of the phone book (if we still had phone books) every five years and be done with it" camp.

Random number generator and the SS database.