Author Topic: Cuisine internationalle  (Read 2369 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 12:07:29 PM »
Regarding the Germans...

You burn a LOT  of calories marching to Paris.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Cuisine internationalle
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »
Remember that a lot of these places have regional fare much like the U.S.

Mexico has several different regions, some with the more Tex-Mex flavor and others (coastal) that are more focused on seafood.

Italy has similar divisions, as other have noted, so does Germany.

Japanese is one I assume you have tried, but has different regions you may want to investigate. Indian food again has several regions with their own cuisine.

Not sure on the regional differences of Vietnamese food, but there is a lot there. (Their Bánh mì sandwiches are an interesting result of french colonialism.)

Thai is another common "exotic". Love the curry.

Korean is another that is very good. (Try the barbecue)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MikeB

• friend
Re: Cuisine internationalle
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
Remember that a lot of these places have regional fare much like the U.S.

Mexico has several different regions, some with the more Tex-Mex flavor and others (coastal) that are more focused on seafood.

Italy has similar divisions, as other have noted, so does Germany.

Japanese is one I assume you have tried, but has different regions you may want to investigate. Indian food again has several regions with their own cuisine.

Not sure on the regional differences of Vietnamese food, but there is a lot there. (Their Bánh mì sandwiches are an interesting result of french colonialism.)

Thai is another common "exotic". Love the curry.

Korean is another that is very good. (Try the barbecue)

Indian food too. I really disliked Indian food before traveling there. It always seemed just way too spicy hot; like there was no flavor just hot. Apparently I had been trying food that was more southern India based. Spending time around Delhi I found I actually liked the food. Some was still hot, bust most was more flavorful spicy than plain hot. I also suspect that some Indian restaurants in the US tend to serve the hot spicy as they figure that is what Americans expect from Indian food.