Author Topic: Lowes Employees to Get Super Powers  (Read 1036 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Lowes Employees to Get Super Powers
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Lowes Employees to Get Super Powers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »
Now all we need is to find the Alien Queen and we'll have one hell of a battle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
Not quite the Caterpillar P5000 yet.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
This was interesting. For one thing, I had no idea Lowes had a research lab.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05/16/lowes-is-building-exoskeleton-that-gives-warehouse-workers-superhuman-strength.html

If you'll click through to the release, they've partnered with Virginia Tech. So it's not a stand-alone effort by their research lab. Still quite amazing. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:43 AM »
Maybe you can rent them once they have them perfected.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »
This was interesting. For one thing, I had no idea Lowes had a research lab.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/05/16/lowes-is-building-exoskeleton-that-gives-warehouse-workers-superhuman-strength.html

Hmm..  Interesting.

My brother (and briefly, my middle son) worked for a while at a Lowe's regional warehouse hereabouts.  The warehouse workers were mostly a bunch of lowlifes, with strict attendance and breakage limits.  Both ran afoul of these rules, and were out.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »
It says it is not powered, but stiffens in some directions and uses springs to store energy in some way.  I envision a new breed of lawsuits where people trained at work to lift with assistance are injured at home when they try to lift a similar load without the suit.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »
It says it is not powered, but stiffens in some directions and uses springs to store energy in some way.  I envision a new breed of lawsuits...

Now, here I was thinking that you had coined an awesome new use of the word for mecha-suits used for police "lawsuits"...

...where people trained at work to lift with assistance are injured at home when they try to lift a similar load without the suit.

And then was disappointed that you were using it conventionally.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

griz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »
Now that you mention it, I'm kind of ashamed of myself for missing the opportunity.  I could have at least squeezed a pun in there somehow.  Oh well, we all have our highs and Lowes.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
This is truly Lowes humor.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

Now, here I was thinking that you had coined an awesome new use of the word for mecha-suits used for police "lawsuits"...

Lawsuit?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic