Author Topic: Reuters is reporting that Saddam Hussein has been hanged.  (Read 31619 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Reuters is reporting that Saddam Hussein has been hanged.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 05:31:11 PM »
Buh-bye!

grin

LAK

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 05:39:12 PM »
Just watching Commie News Network and all the dancing. What a farce, and what hypocracy.

After decades of direct support by people in and around several presidential administrations - including that of the present - the "dictator" has been or is going to die for his alleged crimes. While the ongoing ones, of far larger scope and ongoing in countries also currently enjoying the direct support of the current administration are placed conveniently in the background.

Compartmentalization is a wonderful thing. Hold your heads up and be proud.

-----------------------------------------------

http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 05:53:49 PM »
Yep, foresight is certainly 10/20, and you, I, and everyone else knows RIGHT NOW exactly what the political composition of the world, its various national governments, their leaders, etc., will be every day for the next 100 years.

I envy you your crystal ball.

Can you tell me what the market will be doing next Wednesday, please? I'm planning some major moves and would like to know.

Ever hear "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" quote from Winston Churchill?

At its very heart, it signals that in times of conflict and strife, you can find allies in odd places, allies who might not have been allies in previous times, and certainly allies who might very well not be allies in a few days, weeks, or years.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
Saddam Hussein played judge jury and executioner for years.

His fate was put into the hands of the people who knew him most intimately.

Whether he rotted in jail or was put to death made no difference to me.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 06:12:47 PM »
Just watching Commie News Network and all the dancing. What a farce, and what hypocracy.

After decades of direct support by people in and around several presidential administrations - including that of the present - the "dictator" has been or is going to die for his alleged crimes. While the ongoing ones, of far larger scope and ongoing in countries also currently enjoying the direct support of the current administration are placed conveniently in the background.

Compartmentalization is a wonderful thing. Hold your heads up and be proud.
Saddam Hussein, despite any history he may have had and despite the disposition of any other world powers both past and present, was a menace to the United States and the world at large.  His death is no small achievement.  We SHOULD hold up our heads and be proud.

A lesser nation, or a lesser President, would never have achieved this remarkable accomplishment.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 06:20:44 PM »
We all knew it was going to happen the day he was captured by US forces. So discussion on right or wrong isn't relavent anymore.

He got his like the Nazi's did at Nuremburg, I'm content that he went to trial and was found guilty.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 06:24:52 PM »
I wont quote Mike Irwins post, but I urge you to re-read it.

Twenty years ago, Saddam was viewed as a stabilizing force in the Middle East. 

Careful&
To the stars!

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »

Twenty years ago, Saddam was viewed as a stabilizing force in the Middle East. 

At one point Stalin was out most valuable ally against Hitler.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »
After reading LAK's post, I don't know which should make me feel more guilt - that we "support" some dictators or that we "impose democracy" on others.   rolleyes

Ron

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 07:16:58 PM »
We are supposed to be isolationist and not involve ourselves with anyone. Until we are accused of standing by and watching horrors committed and not doing anything. Mkay?

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »
My buddy in Falluja says the mosque speakers have been going non-stop since the snuffed him, but they don't know if it's pro or con.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
After reading LAK's post, I don't know which should make me feel more guilt - that we "support" some dictators or that we "impose democracy" on others.   rolleyes
America is sooo EVIL!!

rolleyes

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »
You all understand, I hope, that I was disagreeing with LAK.  Couldn't tell by your responses.  Caught in the web of my own sarcasm!  Oh, the humanity! 

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »

After decades of direct support by people in and around several presidential administrations - including that of the present - the "dictator" has been or is going to die for his alleged crimes.

First of all, it's hypocrisy.  Before you accuse other of it, you may want to learn how to spell the damn word.  Secondly, just how did the current administration directly support Saddam Hussein's regime?  Unless, of course, you're referring to the infamous photo of Donald Rumsfeld and Mr. Hussein.  In which case, you may want to check the date.  Sure, he was a bad man but he didn't directly attack US soil, did he?  Yeah, I didn't think so either.  So, why was Rummy shaking his hand?  Oh yeah, because he was the leader of the country that was at war with Iran, the country that had invaded American soil 4 years earlier.  That part conveniently gets forgotten when people refer to our support of Iraq and Saddam Hussein.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is classic foreign policy.  Somebody who thinks they're as smart as you do should know that by now.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 11:33:51 PM »
Is there any doubt that the world is a slightly better--and safer--place this morning? Some of you guys seem a little confused on that point...

TC
TC
RT Refugee

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
Dannyboy, you are so mean! grin
Not me! angel
I just assumed "hypocracy" was a new word made up by LAK
to denote a form of gov't, like Democracy.....

Why must you bring up ancient history? Sure the Iranians stormed
the embassy, didn't you know K Rove planned that?

Everybody blames Bush but it's really Rove!

I have direct evidence that Roves Grandfather told Lincoln where to sit and gave the Army officer to much coffee so he would have to use the restroom!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 11:46:26 PM »
btw fyi

Saddam wasn't hung, he is not even dead!
He made a deal with some of the billions he has stashed away!

He is vacationing with Elvis Presly off the coast of Africa in a highly secret island paradise.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 03:31:38 AM »
"Saddam wasn't hung"

That's what his wife and many mistresses said...

Ba dah boom!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 05:22:52 AM »
bet he's suprised as $*%& to be waking up in hell this morning

good job to our guys that managed to collar that weasle, and fast track him to the hangman's noose

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 05:27:08 AM »
Saturday morning, December 30th, National People's Radio is reporting that kindly Uncle Saddam's life was "one filled with mistakes".  Mistakes!  WTF?

So he mistakenly violated GWI ceasefire?  He mistakenly killed a whole bunch of Kurds and Shia?  He mistakenly did not comply with UN sanctions and resolutions?

I can just see the Left's spin on his death, Saddam is a victim, Chimpy McHaliburton should be on trial. rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 05:52:38 AM »
good job to our guys that managed to collar that weasle, and fast track him to the hangman's noose

I'll second the kudos to our troops for capturing him, but as to the fast track to a speedy trial and sentence, that was purely Iraqi. If he went through our justice system, he'd still die, but of old age.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Paddy

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 07:12:57 AM »
A lesser nation, or a lesser President, would never have achieved this remarkable accomplishment.
  Yeah, and what a bargain, too.  It only took 3 years, nine months, 650,000+ deaths (not to mention thousands of amputations and other mutilations) and hundreds of billions of $$.  Yep, this President is a real strategerist.  rolleyes

meinbruder

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 07:23:45 AM »
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is classic foreign policy.  Somebody who thinks they're as smart as you do should know that by now.

It is also an Arab proverb.  When alliance can flip-flop in a moment of malice, its hard to develop any coherent foreign policy.  Perhaps this is why most of the Arab states are still locked in a feudal society.  There is a lesson to be learned here, I wonder if anyone in the current or future administrations will learn it.
}:)>
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

Da bianhua
}:)>

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 07:35:46 AM »
What?

Only 650,000 deaths?

Wow, to hear some people tell it so far the United States has lost 900,000 troops and the toll is rising expodentially.

We won't have to worry much longer, though, as according to the same people the Arab race is down to its last few hundred patriots.

Not even the Iraqis agree that 650,000 people have been killed.

"When alliance can flip-flop in a moment of malice, its hard to develop any coherent foreign policy."

Uhm...

Just about ANY alliance can do that.