Author Topic: DC and Maryland sue Trump over supposed corrupt business dealings  (Read 1611 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
If this wasn't all such a drag on the functioning of the country, this non-stop anti-Trump circus would be amusing.

Honestly, if Trump one day said, "*expletive deleted*ck you, I've had enough of this *expletive deleted*it", I wouldn't blame him one bit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/dc-and-maryland-to-sue-president-trump-alleging-breach-of-constitutional-oath/2017/06/11/0059e1f0-4f19-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.045d78a76db0

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: DC and Maryland sue Trump over supposed corrupt business dealings
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
This ties into what I was talking about in your media thread. While we saw state gov officials from conservative states going after Obama policies, how many did we see go against Obama himself? Nowhere near what we have seen with Trump with Fed, state, and local elected officials all going after him personally.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
Honestly, if Trump one day said, "*expletive deleted*ck you, I've had enough of this *expletive deleted*it", I wouldn't blame him one bit.

You mean, resign? Maybe that's the goal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »

You mean, resign? Maybe that's the goal.

Probably.

It would serve them right if Trump just cut the apron strings and said, "Fine. No more federal money for your state. When you have a problem -- don't come to me looking for help."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
I thought this was over the Russkies staying in Trump's hotels &/or resorts.   Gee, if they pay for the services, Trump is colluding .... I guess if he'd given the Russkies free room & board it would also be colluding?
What's a guy supposed to do?

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »
I thought this was over the Russkies staying in Trump's hotels &/or resorts.   Gee, if they pay for the services, Trump is colluding .... I guess if he'd given the Russkies free room & board it would also be colluding?
What's a guy supposed to do?
Have the russkies pay YOUR SPOUSE a huge speaker's fee before you do something? (Something like, for example, approving russky purchase of 1/5 of the USA's uranium production . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »
Have the russkies pay YOUR SPOUSE a huge speaker's fee before you do something? (Something like, for example, approving russky purchase of 1/5 of the USA's uranium production . . . )
What you did there, I don't see it. Is that like a matter or something?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 12:27:13 AM »
What you did there, I don't see it. Is that like a matter or something?

At this point, it makes no difference.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 08:03:40 AM »
Read that the justice department's response to the lawsuit includes reference to the business practices of previous Presidents going back to George Washington, a farmer who sold products overseas.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain