Author Topic: Melania outdoes Hillary and Michelle combined  (Read 1665 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Melania outdoes Hillary and Michelle combined
« on: May 28, 2017, 09:21:03 PM »
The floral jacket that Melania Trump wore in Catania Italy the other day cost $51,500. I think that has to be three to four times the cost of anything that Hillary or Michelle worse.

And it was created by a famous Italian designer who refuses to be coerced into boycotting Melania.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Melania outdoes Hillary and Michelle combined
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 10:13:59 PM »
So you're saying if he created that jacket for anyone else it would have cost maybe $5,000 but, because Melania wore it, he had to bump the price by a factor of ten to make up for all the other customers clients he'll lose for selling to "that woman."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
Yeah, except unlike Hilary or Michelle, Melania was a fashion model who probably worked for that famous Italian designer and has oodles of couture fashion in her closet, some of which she probably never paid full price for.

When it comes to high fashion, she has her own connections that have nothing to do with Trump or politics.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
Yeah, except unlike Hilary or Michelle, Melania was a fashion model who probably worked for that famous Italian designer and has oodles of couture fashion in her closet, some of which she probably never paid full price for.

When it comes to high fashion, she has her own connections that have nothing to do with Trump or politics.

Maybe. Or maybe she actually paid for it. Or he gave it to her for the publicity. I'M sure we'll never know.

Hawkmoon, that's not what I meant. I'm reading my post several times to see if it can be read that way.

As for the jacket, I don't like it, although it's better than Hiilary's drapery fabric pant suits.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 12:10:39 AM »
*shrug* couture is one of a kind. No matter how she got it, it's going to be worth a lot of money. I don't think a designer of high fashion is too worried about maintaining clientele. At that level, you go begging the designer, the designer does not come begging to you.

... This insight is brought to you from WAYYY to many hours bing watching America's Next Top Model.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 06:48:08 AM »
With the third-grade mentality of today's media snots, it's politics if you have a wart on your left butt cheek and your name is Trump.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 11:30:27 AM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »
That reminds me:  Has anyone ever reported on exactly what medical stuff Hilary was hiding under that outfit?  (Assuming it actually was medical stuff)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
*shrug* couture is one of a kind. No matter how she got it, it's going to be worth a lot of money. I don't think a designer of high fashion is too worried about maintaining clientele. At that level, you go begging the designer, the designer does not come begging to you.

... This insight is brought to you from WAYYY to many hours bing watching America's Next Top Model.

True, but given that so many of the people who can afford to go begging haut couture designers to create something for them are unrepentant libtards, being willing to sell a design to Melania TRUMP!!!! is almost certainly going to make a dent in the guy's waiting list. So ... good for him, for thumbing his nose at the libtards.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
True, but given that so many of the people who can afford to go begging haut couture designers to create something for them are unrepentant libtards, being willing to sell a design to Melania TRUMP!!!! is almost certainly going to make a dent in the guy's waiting list. So ... good for him, for thumbing his nose at the libtards.

I'm betting there are less of those liberals than you think... Or at least not "liberals" that would let politics get in the way of FASHION.

I mean seriously, these are people who pay a lot more for a little jacket than I make in a year. Reason and sacrifice are not exactly their strong suit, unless the suit is silk and has appeared on a runway during Paris Fashion Week.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »
That reminds me:  Has anyone ever reported on exactly what medical stuff Hilary was hiding under that outfit?  (Assuming it actually was medical stuff)

it wasn't a medical device, it was a really large puppet master ( Heinlein )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
I recall Melania being criticized for buying clothing off the rack. I don't know if she wore any of those on this trip, though.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:48:58 PM »
I recall Melania being criticized for buying clothing off the rack. I don't know if she wore any of those on this trip, though.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what she wears, someone is going to make a stink. She can't win for trying anyway, so she may as well wear whatever she likes.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 06:31:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure that no matter what she wears, someone is going to make a stink. She can't win for trying anyway, so she may as well wear whatever she likes.

Yup.

Somehow Hillary and Michelle are fashion icons, and the fashion model is some kind of a low brow clothes slut that insults the poor. That's how you get Trump.

I can't remember what was said about Laura Bush, who as I recall, dressed conservatively.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."