Author Topic: More of the insanity we live in  (Read 1701 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
More of the insanity we live in
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/01/north-carolina-high-school-principal-apologizes-for-students-sexist-yearbook-quote.html

Kid uses "sexist" quote for the yearbook: "I don't know what's worse, candy corn or women's rights"

Undoubtedly the kid was looking to tweak people. Oh, and look, the feminist principal (I'm just spitballing on that since she clearly has no sense of humor) obliges him and sends out an apology for such a horrendous thing being in a yearbook.

Oh, and the week before a nearby highschool also flipped out about: "I like my women how I like my milk: white, rich and 2% fat"

Both are kids being kids and, additionally, are pretty funny.

Just goes back to that old saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgiLm9bCxrU
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
Re: More of the insanity we live in
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
I didn't think anything made it into those yearbooks without being reviewed by a faculty member. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:12 PM »
I didn't think anything made it into those yearbooks without being reviewed by a faculty member.  

And you expect they'll do the job of vetting the yearbook more conscientiously than they do their real job of teaching?

(Yes, yes, not all teachers are bad, this is said tongue-in-cheek)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:39:58 PM »
And you expect they'll do the job of vetting the yearbook more conscientiously than they do their real job of teaching?

(Yes, yes, not all teachers are bad, this is said tongue-in-cheek)
And you have to say that last because many teachers are thin skinned and don't seem to realize all those bad teachers exist.  If you said something about idiot engineers, I would naturally assume you meant someone else.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:20:37 PM »
^ Especially their screech organs.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »
If you said something about idiot engineers, I would naturally assume you meant someone else.   =D

Naturally.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 07:15:13 PM »
Hate to buzzkill you guys.

Both were inappropriate and sexist. Neither would have flown with a faculty adviser worth their salt, with good reason.

Don't be kneejerking asshats and automatically decide that everything is cool just because the snowflakes don't like it. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
^ Especially their screech organs.

OK, sorry bluestarlizzard.  Yes, knee jerk on my part, but it can be applied to both genders.  Oh, and Rosie O'Donnell, too.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »
OK, sorry bluestarlizzard.  Yes, knee jerk on my part, but it can be applied to both genders.  Oh, and Rosie O'Donnel, too.

*channeling her mother*
Just because all the other kids are doing it, it doesn't mean you need to.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »
<snif>
<pushes dirt around with his toe>

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 11:08:49 PM »

Yeah, right.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 08:43:50 AM »

Both were inappropriate and sexist...

You forgot hilarious. Made all the more so by the falling onto fainting couches over them.

I seem to recall that our newest Supreme Court justice put "Founded the Fascism Forever Club" in his high school yearbook. Which was also inappropriate... and hilarious.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 10:02:47 AM »

*channeling her mother*
Just because all the other kids are doing it, it doesn't mean you need to.

This was the most recent Mother's Day card I gave.  The one I found just said "Me not doing it".  No names.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 10:44:51 AM »
Additionally, that this made the news is further part of the insanity. Apparently the world is so very boring, national reporters need to cover Jimmy Barnacle making a mildly offensive joke in a yearbook.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »

This was the most recent Mother's Day card I gave.  The one I found just said "Me not doing it".  No names.

Well... I kind of have to think that if you DID use the card that said "Jessica", and then had in there, "Mom... there's something else I need to tell you." And then inside the card was a picture of you in a makeup and wig, with your new chosen name of "Jessica".

That would have been pretty epic.
I promise not to duck.