Author Topic: The 15 most educated Congressional districts in the country  (Read 1363 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/upshot/this-list-of-well-educated-districts-explains-why-georgias-election-is-close.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

I see that the Seattle area comes in at number seven, and with the population numbers in that district, shows why Seattle dominates state politics.  I heard on the radio last night that the Georgia race is now the most expensive legislative race ever.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The 15 most educated Congressional districts in the country
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/upshot/this-list-of-well-educated-districts-explains-why-georgias-election-is-close.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

I see that the Seattle area comes in at number seven, and with the population numbers in that district, shows why Seattle dominates state politics.  I heard on the radio last night that the Georgia race is now the most expensive legislative race ever.

I saw both articles this morning.

On the first, I'm curious on methodology. I think you can correlate/causate (I'm making up words) that college educated people of certain characteristics might be drawn to large population centers, while college educated people of other persuasions might not be in to living in close urban quarters. Outside of places like Silicon Valley, I'm curious on how many of the college educated just decided to stay in the vicinity of their universities. I know that was the case at UCSB. Nobody wanted to leave, and tech companies came to Santa Barbara, versus graduates (in applicable fields) leaving to other places.

On Ossof and Georgia, I'm really surprised a carpetbagger made this much progress in an area that has historical aversion to carpetbaggers. Even with the celebrity push and the dem operative money. Everything I read and hear about the guy indicates he's an empty suit moron. Just this morning I read he's claiming to be an expert in national security.  I don't know anything about the R candidate, so maybe she's weak, but 30 seconds of hearing this guy speak had me thinking I missed the transition to Idiocracy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:55:48 AM »
I don't get the connection between college-educated and being a democrat.  Is there a connection?

I've always assumed that education = salary = wanting to keep what I've earned = Republican.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »
I don't get the connection between college-educated and being a democrat.  Is there a connection?

I've always assumed that education = salary = wanting to keep what I've earned = Republican.

Based on my personal observations, it seems to tend that way as you get older.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Well, one of those districts, the Virginia 10th, is represented by Barbara Comstock, a moderately conservative woman who survived one of the most vicious liberal-led smear campaigns I've ever seen. But... in the more "citified" areas of the 10th, the Slandercrat challenger took more votes.

I'm just over the line in Virginia's 11th district, which can't be far behind in the number of college educated individuals. Unfortunately, it's represented by Gerry Connolly, whom I used to count as a friend, but BEFORE he was elected to national office and became the horrific Stalinista he is today.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 01:06:59 PM »

Brainwashing at the university.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.