Author Topic: Yale fires dean for racial and class insensitivity  (Read 2150 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Yale fires dean for racial and class insensitivity
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:17:01 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/06/20/yale-dean-who-called-people-white-trash-on-yelp-leaving-her-post.html

Good for Yale that they would not give an Asian female a pass on this behavior.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Yale fires dean for racial and class insensitivity
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:34:26 PM »
Good for Yale that they would not give an Asian female a pass on this behavior.

LOL... where have you been? In academia "Asian" is sometimes worse than "White" in the Privilege Olympics. Mainly because of their high achievement and test scores etc.

The only card she had to play was "woman" and that barely matters anymore, there now being 52 genders, or no such thing as gender, alternating every other week.

She should probably be replaced by a Multiracial Trans Lesbian who is a Tortoise-identifying Otherkin.
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »
Oh, well. UPenn to Dartmouth to Yale -- it'll all look good on her resume (until they ask her why she only lasted a year at Yale).

[Am I displaying my lack of class by referring to it as a resume rather than as her curricula viae[/i]?]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:58:11 PM »

The only card she had to play was "womyn" and that barely matters anymore, there now being 52 genders, or no such thing as gender, alternating every other week.

She should probably be replaced by a Fat Accepting (Adipose American) Multiracial Trans Lesbian who is a TortoiseTootsie-Roll-identifying Otherkin.

FIFY
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »
Black educator fired for racist comments on air:

https://heatst.com/politics/black-college-suspends-adjunct-professor-after-on-air-tangle-with-tucker-carlson/

Of course, she claimed to have been "publicly lynched." I guess we can count it as a sort of progress that a black American (an adjunct professor, no less) can be unaware of what lynching is.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
"Tortoise-identifying Otherkin."

You're biased against turtles, Leon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 11:01:59 AM »
"Tortoise-identifying Otherkin."

You're biased against turtles, Leon.

"Let me tell you about my mother..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_.357_Derringer
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »
It appears there's a professor at a small college just up the road from Yale who should also be fired:

http://www.thegoldwater.com/news/4061-Cultural-Marxist-Trinity-College-Professor-Calls-For-White-Genocide

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »
It appears there's a professor at a small college just up the road from Yale who should also be fired:

http://www.thegoldwater.com/news/4061-Cultural-Marxist-Trinity-College-Professor-Calls-For-White-Genocide

At least he didn't do something really racist - like when that white chick posed in camofluage swim-wear.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339341-nj-college-fires-professor-over-comments-made-on-tucker-carlson

Durden compared her experience to that of a rape victim blamed for the crime, or a person returning to a hostile environment from war.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
Typical. If someone tried to organize an all-whites Memorial Day event and exclude blacks, that would be racist. When someone organizes an all-black Memorial Day event from which whites are excluded, that's not racism, it's black empowerment.

Tucker was right -- she's demented.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/339341-nj-college-fires-professor-over-comments-made-on-tucker-carlson

But wait ... there's more!

https://scallywagandvagabond.com/2017/06/lisa-durden-fired-essex-college-professor-fox-news-tucker-carlson/

Raising the question if previous political views on race hadn’t offended the school in the past, why now? Wasn’t that why she was brought on to teach at the school? Wasn’t the educator brought on specifically for her views celebrating black culture and pointing out the many instances of a white patriarchal culture that had preempted black progress ? Or had the educator simply been set up and taken the bait by the typically right wing media outlet?

Who in their right mind would even ask these questions? She was an adjunct professor, which means no tenure, and no guarantee you'll be back next year, or maybe even next semester, under any circumstances. She was a professor of communications, not politics. She was NOT hired to express her views on black culture, and she was NOT hired to point out the [alleged] many instances of "white patriarchal society." She was hired to teach students how to communicate ..,. presumably how to communicate effectively. If the best she could come up with when asked about an obviously, overtly racist all-black Memorial Day event was "Boo hoo hoo. You white people are angry because you couldn’t use your white privilege card’ to attend the event," then I'd say she was eminently unqualified to be teaching communications.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 06:06:08 PM »
And yet more:

http://people.com/human-interest/college-professor-fired-following-fox-news-appearance-lisa-durden/

After her firing, Durden told NJ.com that said she has received support from staff members and students. The Newark resident said she thought living in a “black and brown city” and working for a “black and brown college” would be a “safe space” for her to share her viewpoints.

“It should be a safe place for me,” she said. “I thought when I came home from war, I would be safe.”
Instead, “I was fired.”

Translation: "I'm an overt racist and I thought I wouldn't have to deal with those horrible white people here. I thought this was a place where I could be as racist as I want without having to worry about any consequences."

I'm sure she has received support from [some] students -- those who think like she does, and want to live in a society where blacks get all the privileges but the whites are expected to pay for all the free *expletive deleted*it the black people get. And that's exactly the kind of attitude that colleges and universities need to be eradicating, not nurturing.

Hawkmoon

• friend

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »
It seems to be open season on professors:

No, I think it's the silly season for prof's, and a few of them are just going too far, even for their own colleagues.

Well, OK, it's always silly season for the academy. But now it's super-supercilious, silly-season.