Author Topic: The Natural -- reimagined  (Read 1378 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The Natural -- reimagined
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:57:53 AM »
You can't make this stuff up. It only happens in screenplays. (Or not)

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/tim-tebow-hits-homer-after-emotional-embrace-with-autistic-boy/

Tim Tebow is on deck. Before stepping up to the plate, he goes over to the fence and shakes hands with a fan, who turns out to be an autistic kid. Kid goes back to mom, very happy. Tebow steps up to the plate and hits a three-run homer.

Hollyweird, we don't need you, we got real life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: The Natural -- reimagined
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:05:58 AM »
The NFL screwed the pooch big time with Tebow.

Here you have the All-American kid.  Not only that, but he's the son everyone wants.  Gives completely of all he makes and goes above and beyond with his foundation.  Not just a front for fake PR and tax deductions, but he actually walks the walk.  He truly walks his faith.  I completely respect that.  He truly loves people and his fans and will go to incredible lengths for disabled kids.  (see above example, not many players would take the time to do that, unless forced by management/their contract.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2gq2PngXBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnh472Yd7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8olAibOjA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqWaz7bspok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6q2zJluLpE
And many, many, many more.  (Damn Onion Cutting Dust Ninjas)

And much, if not all, of this is out of his own pocket.

If I owned an NFL Team, I would give Tim Tebow a big contract and tell my GM "Build a Offense around Tebow, I don't care how.  Just do it."   Just like St Louis did with Kurt Warner and Greatest Show on Turf in the late 90's to early 2000's.

A QB's job is to lead the team (and Tebow is a Leader), and put butts in seats on Sundays.   No matter the faith of the fans, everyone respects his love and devotion to those less fortunate.

And instead of Tebow, leading a team (hell, even as a back-up he's worth his wait in good PR.), we get Kapernick.  He was locker room poison, alienating fans, not just SF's but all NFL fans.  Joe Sixpack, who may not be able to afford season tickets, but goes to one or two games a year and buys a crapton of licenced merchandise, and this overpaid non-performing turd spits in his eye and tells him that the country he loves is no good.  Yeah, that goes over real well.

NFL Viewership was down what, 15-20% last year ??  

So instead of the All-American Kid, we get Mister Spoiled-Brat Spits-on-the-Country.   It's a shame I don't have TV to boycott NFL games.

I wish Tebow every success in the world.  Because I know he will give away all that success to those who truly need it.   That, I truly admire.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:20:37 AM »
And the left goes stark raving *expletive deleted*ing mad on the internet because, you know, Tebow and his religious convictions.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 08:33:12 AM »
...Kapernick.  He was locker room poison, alienating fans, not just SF's but all NFL fans.  Joe Sixpack, who may not be able to afford season tickets, but goes to one or two games a year and buys a crapton of licenced merchandise, and this overpaid non-performing turd spits in his eye and tells him that the country he loves is no good.  Yeah, that goes over real well.

NFL Viewership was down what, 15-20% last year ??  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20171611/national-anthem-protests-no-1-reason-viewers-tuned-nfl-games

National anthem protests were the top reason that NFL fans watched fewer games last season, according to a new survey released by J.D. Power.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:56:59 AM »
IMO, a LOT of NFL coaches seem to think any NFL QB ought to adapt to their system.  Some think they can bring in crappy QB's who failed everywhere else and think they will succeed in their system because they are such a great coach.  It is sad to see some QB's succeed in part because they are under a great coach and others who are very talented fail because their coach/team doesn't care.  That is part of sports though.

On Tebow, I always did wonder why some other team didn't try to use him.  Considering how many teams have pretty poor QB play, he could succeed somewhere.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »

National anthem protests were the top reason that NFL fans watched fewer games last season, according to a new survey released by J.D. Power.

As someone who has spent a significant portion of his life on active duty military installations, where it's drop-everything-and-salute-the-flag twice a day (if you're outside, anyway), I just find bizarre the frequency of National Anthem playings in any other context.  I expect Social Justice Warriors to put an end to it at sporting events someday soon (because of oppression, or something), which I find perfectly agreeable even if for the wrong reason.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 01:14:45 PM »
Well obviously J.D. Power is just a whitey mcwhiter racist who hates da' gaze and bhlax...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 05:30:27 PM »
Well obviously J.D. Power is just a whitey mcwhiter racist who hates da' gaze and bhlax...

Like everything else in this white supremacist patriarchy in which we live, of course.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »

Like everything else in this white supremacist patriarchy in which we live, of course.

You left out cisgendered.

SHAME!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:10:15 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out, Hawkmoon. I get so busy oppressing transsexual lesbian turtle-kin of color, that I sometimes get distracted, and leave things out.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 04:42:45 AM »
A lot of coaches wanted Tebow, the just wanted to convert him to a TE instead of using him as a QB.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!